For our stay in the Kona Reef, we booked through Sunquest-Hawaii. We had a good experience with them. The unit we stayed in was A-13, on the second floor.
This one-bedroom unit seemed to have been recently renovated with new kitchen appliances, newly remodelled bathroom and a washer-dryer (comes in real handy!). The highlight of this unit though was that is was on the oceanfront. Open the sliding doors to the lanai (balcony) and you're greeted with the sound of waves crashing into the shore. The sea is so close that you could easily toss a rock into the water from the lanai.
The complex itself is nice and clean. There are two undercover parking garages (on each side of the complex on Ali'i drive). The pool area is usually quiet and the grills under the cabana are a nice touch. The proximity of the Kona Reef to town is very appealing, allowing you walk (or stumble) home after a night of partaking in frost adult beverages ;o)
All in all, a great place to rest your head for not a lot of green. In May, we paid about $140.00 a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Reef is an oceanfront condominium resort adjacent to a sandy beach park in historic Kailua-Kona and near quaint shops and restaurants. One- and two-bedroom suites offer full-kitchens, FREE WiFi, and ocean or garden views. Amenities include an oceanfront swimming pool, jet spa, and a cabana with barbecue area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Vacatia, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Kona Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kona Reef Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Reef Kailua
- Kona Reef Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona