We stayed here in a one bedroom for 3 nights. I’d booked a Garden View, but the unit still had a great ocean view of the waves crashing on the shore, so I’m glad I didn’t spend the extra money on an ocean view unit. I can't remember which unit we stayed but we were just above the ground floor.
We booked through Castle Resorts, which has maid service and you don’t have to clean the unit. They even do the dishes at the end of your stay. The unit wasn’t fancy but it was clean and there were no bugs. The parking was free and we always found a space.
There is pool and jacuzzi and bbqs (area open 8am - 10 pm)
The only issue I had with this place is that all the lanais, except the ocean front ones, face each other which limits privacy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Reef is an oceanfront condominium resort adjacent to a sandy beach park in historic Kailua-Kona and near quaint shops and restaurants. One- and two-bedroom suites offer full-kitchens, FREE WiFi, and ocean or garden views. Amenities include an oceanfront swimming pool, jet spa, and a cabana with barbecue area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kona Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kona Reef Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Reef Kailua
- Kona Reef Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona