We were in building B. it was still a beautiful view. Accesses to a beach right next store. Walk away from and shops down town which us so great way to see the place and ocean restaurants.
Pool was great and never crowded.
Traffic is a little rough at times but it's Hawaii and it to be expected. The island is crowded and travel is thick.
There's a great snorkel beach 3 miles up road and everything is von kent if you don't want to get a car. The resort office helps you with all trips too if you want to do several excursions like we did.
Don't mix anything get up early and go explore.
Everyone told us food was expensive but we found lots of shops that were just as reasonable as our shops in North Dakota.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Reef is an oceanfront condominium resort adjacent to a sandy beach park in historic Kailua-Kona and near quaint shops and restaurants. One- and two-bedroom suites offer full-kitchens, FREE WiFi, and ocean or garden views. Amenities include an oceanfront swimming pool, jet spa, and a cabana with barbecue area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kona Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kona Reef Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Reef Kailua
- Kona Reef Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona