If you rent this through private owners you'll have a better idea of what you're getting. We rented through http://www.vrbo.com/. Dealt with the owner. D32 is in need of new furniture.No updates to the 30 year old bathroom and kitchen needs updates. Chandeliers so low that my 6' 4" husband kept hitting his head on them. Nice HD TV with HDMI. Air Conditioner (thank God). Nice top floor unit. Close to ocean. The bedroom was stuffy. No air flow even though it had a fan on the ceiling but no air conditioning in the bedroom. Woken up every morning at 6:00 am by either people talking in the hallway by our bedroom or by garbage trucks picking up garbage. This may be within walking distance to town but wouldn't stay here again. Best thing about the place is the bbq and pool area. Clean and peaceful. Other units are in better shape on property so don't cross the Kona Reef off your list just do your homework and book early to get an updated unit with better furnishings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Reef is an oceanfront condominium resort adjacent to a sandy beach park in historic Kailua-Kona and near quaint shops and restaurants. One- and two-bedroom suites offer full-kitchens, FREE WiFi, and ocean or garden views. Amenities include an oceanfront swimming pool, jet spa, and a cabana with barbecue area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kona Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kona Reef Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Reef Kailua
- Kona Reef Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona