The location of the complex is great. You can pretty much walk to Kona's downtown/shopping strip. However, the room's furniture was very old. Rusty dishwasher. Couldn't walk barefoot, as it seemed like no-one washed the floor for years. My feet got dirty black after a couple of mins of walking barefoot. The bed was also very uncomfortable. It was way too soft.
Once we got there, there was also a problem with hot water. There was simply not enough to take a shower for two. So they had to send a maintenance guy, who said that sometimes the owners try to save and put the water heaters on low...
Next time I go there, I would probably look for a different place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Reef is an oceanfront condominium resort adjacent to a sandy beach park in historic Kailua-Kona and near quaint shops and restaurants. One- and two-bedroom suites offer full-kitchens, FREE WiFi, and ocean or garden views. Amenities include an oceanfront swimming pool, jet spa, and a cabana with barbecue area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kona Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kona Reef Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Reef Kailua
- Kona Reef Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona