the second year we've stayed at the reef , this year in a36 . the unit seemed a little small but really wasn't a problem until we had to move all the lanai furniture inside due to hurricane Flossie then it got crowded . the unit certainly is well equipped with anything you would need for the beach , cooler , chairs , boogie board , mask , snorkel , etc. have to give the owners credit for being interested if we had any problems with the unit . the unit is on the top floor with great views although almost as far as you can get from parking but wasn't too big of a deal . the unit is in fairly good shape considering the age of the building , way better than the one we stayed in last year . as has been mentioned many times , the reef is well located , easy walking to town with several places to stop for a Mai tai on the way . the few problems we had were delt with by the office and resolved . too bad some thing can't be done with the building or beginning of a building next door to the reef . a real eye sore and makes the area kind of dumpy not to mention its a graffiti magnet .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Reef is an oceanfront condominium resort adjacent to a sandy beach park in historic Kailua-Kona and near quaint shops and restaurants. One- and two-bedroom suites offer full-kitchens, FREE WiFi, and ocean or garden views. Amenities include an oceanfront swimming pool, jet spa, and a cabana with barbecue area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kona Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kona Reef Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Reef Kailua
- Kona Reef Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona