Each unit is individually owned. So what you get all depends on which unit you stay in. Our first night was in 1A and it was pretty bad. There was no privacy and it was dirty. It is next to a little public beach and there are people walking by your unit 24 hours a day. The A/C was so rusty, I thought it was going to fall out of the wall. There is no central A/C. There were mice droppings in the dresser drawer.
The last 3 nights were in D8 and it was very nice. It was well maintained and furnished very nicely. Since it was not next to the little beach it was very nice, but still people walk thru in front of your lanai all the time.
The only way I would stay here again is if I was guaranteed an ocean front room on 2 floor or higher in Building A or D. I would not want to stay on the first floor again. There is no privacy and you certainly cannot leave your patio doors open at night to get a breeze and hear the ocean.
The management staff is very helpful. It is in easy walking distance to restaurants and shops. Bubba Gumps is a good place to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Reef is an oceanfront condominium resort adjacent to a sandy beach park in historic Kailua-Kona and near quaint shops and restaurants. One- and two-bedroom suites offer full-kitchens, FREE WiFi, and ocean or garden views. Amenities include an oceanfront swimming pool, jet spa, and a cabana with barbecue area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Vacatia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Kona Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kona Reef Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Reef Kailua
- Kona Reef Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona