My two friends and I stayed at the Kona Reef March 1st for three nights. The condo had a nice ocean view, and our lanai overlooked the park next door. Very clean. Nicely laid out, with washer and dryer. Garage parking for our unit. This unit was a little outdated as far as furniture, pictures...etc, but we had everything we needed. The mattress on the bed was older and wasn't as comfortable as we would have liked, but we were so tired each night we didn't have any problem sleeping. Window A/C, in living room and ceiling fan in the bedroom and living room. Very quiet complex. We walked right out of the garage to our floor, but did have to go down five steps to get to our unit, so if you are handicapped, you need to question if the unit they give you is handicapped accessible! The pool area was nice with grills that are provided for you to use and there is a grassy area across the back of the complex. No beach, all lava rocks. Beautiful! All in all....a pleasant visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Reef is an oceanfront condominium resort adjacent to a sandy beach park in historic Kailua-Kona and near quaint shops and restaurants. One- and two-bedroom suites offer full-kitchens, FREE WiFi, and ocean or garden views. Amenities include an oceanfront swimming pool, jet spa, and a cabana with barbecue area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kona Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kona Reef Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Reef Kailua
- Kona Reef Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona