My husband and I stayed @ the KR Oct 29 thru Nov11 2012 What a Crap Hole!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I mean CRAP HOLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We stayed in unit D1 a 1st floor ocean front suite . Upon entering the unit we were over come by a disgusting foul stench. We went straight to the front room and opened the slider to let in air and half the screen door came off the track and fell in. The only reason I agreed to stay in this unit was because my husband whom I adore smokes and he liked the convenience of walking 10 feet to being off the property to smoke. Let's get started here, the ceiling in the bed room had a area 2 feet long area that was peeling down due to a obvious water leek up stairs, the carpet was so stained and filthy we had to put towels on it so we didn't touch it, I wouldn't even set our luggage on it any where! The shower had so much black grime on it the house keeping staff left a bottle of bleach in it so we could spray it down. It was so bad we never used it choosing to use the hallway shower having to put bath mat's down onto the shower floor because it was so disgusting, but the cleanest of the two. The stove needed to be replaced, the radio-stereo cassette didn't work. ( I didn't know they even existed any more ) The pool noise was right outside the windows leaving us no choice but to keep the closed all the time. Upon agreeing to remain in this rat hole I went straight to walmart and bought the biggest bottle of febreze could buy and used it constantly. The place made me want to float . There was no room safe as advertised. It was the nastiest place I have ever stayed. On the good side the lanai was clean, the coffee pot was fairly new, the air conditioner worked good and the pool was 20 feet away. There were 2 broke down folding chairs we did use. When we checked out I took the manager into the unit.....the smell didn't phase him, He looked at the ceiling the carpet in the bedroom didn't say a word. I told him we walked around on towels, then I showed him the master shower, I could not believe it he accused the house keepers of doing a bad job, You have to be kidding me the damn thing needed to be tore out, major demolition he didn't seem to care at all, when I told him we only could use the hallway shower, I showed him that one expecting him to say WOW! this place is disgusting how in god's name did you make it 11 nights in here, or I'm so sorry let me comp you something I know you paid good $$$ to stay in a ocean front suite In our fine establishment. I showed him the sliding screen nothing except the housekeepers aren't doing their jobs. Like they can rip out the showers, tear out the carpet, replace the stove or replace the rollers on the door or replace the broken stereo. On the way home my husband told me the last night we were there he found a used razor stuck to the bottom of the blanket which we had been in bed with for almost 2 weeks. He knew I'd would have come undone on the management. I can not believe I stayed in there, Oh! my honey owes me a new vacation. Without smoking being the biggest priority. So if anyone plans to stay @ the KR run far if they even offer you D1.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Reef is an oceanfront condominium resort adjacent to a sandy beach park in historic Kailua-Kona and near quaint shops and restaurants. One- and two-bedroom suites offer full-kitchens, FREE WiFi, and ocean or garden views. Amenities include an oceanfront swimming pool, jet spa, and a cabana with barbecue area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kona Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kona Reef Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Reef Kailua
- Kona Reef Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona