Our five night stay was relatively smooth.
We arrived early for check-in and when the room was not ready, they happily took our bags into the back of the small office and ditto for late check-out.
Everything we needed was a short walk from the hotel. Although there is no restaurant at the resort, there are many local places within 5 to 15 minute easy walk.
Kona market is open 6 days a week (only 15 min walk away) and it was great having the full kitchen to stock up.
We had a ground floor unit with a patio that opened to the beach next door. The sliding door was never truly secured, but I was not really worried about a break in.
Sound carried quite a lot through the concrete building, but it wsa fairly quiet during sleeping hours.
No internet was provided as promised (even after several attempts for a password or connection), but there was lots of free internet available in town.
I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Reef is an oceanfront condominium resort adjacent to a sandy beach park in historic Kailua-Kona and near quaint shops and restaurants. One- and two-bedroom suites offer full-kitchens, FREE WiFi, and ocean or garden views. Amenities include an oceanfront swimming pool, jet spa, and a cabana with barbecue area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kona Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kona Reef Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Reef Kailua
- Kona Reef Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona