My husband and I booked a partial ocean view room from January 18 to 23, 2013.
The taxi ride from Kona airport to the hotel cost us a little over $30 (excluding tip). If you have a rental car, parking is $12/day.
Check in was a breeze. Front desk personnel was nice and welcoming. However, I was disappointed with the room she assigned us (Rm 659) because it was towards the back of the building, so the view of the parking lot and the garbage area took away the beauty of the partial ocean view. Not worth the $$$. Also, our room was too cold. We tried to adjust the thermostat to 69, but it just stayed in the low 60s, so it was really cold at night. On the bright side, the room was spacious, the beds and pillows were very comfortable. Shower head provided the perfect amount of water pressure. There was also free wifi in the room.
The hotel deserves its 4 stars because of its location. I like that it has an ocean front (albeit small) that is great for snorkeling and SUP (stand up paddleboard). No waves for surfing though. My husband had to drive further down Alii Drive to Lymans just to surf. The ABC store within the hotel grounds was perfect for grabbing snacks and souvenir items. The hotel is walking distance from restaurants and shops along Alii Drive. Hulihe'e Palace, a tourist attraction, is also just a stone's throw away.
Concierge desk helped us plan and book our tours. Free printing of boarding passes on the ground floor near the exhibit area. Guest lobby had ice cold water (with lemon, lime, and orange) for weary travelers.
Overall, I'm glad we stayed at this hotel. I wouldn't mind staying here again in our future visit to the Big Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel welcomes you to the Big Island of Hawaii for a memorable vacation. Located on the historical site where the famed Hawaiian King Kamehameha once lived, our beachfront hotel provides ocean views and direct access to Kailua Pier. We're also a short distance from downtown Kona, Kahaluu Beach Park, Kealakekua Bay, and Kailua Village. Following a day of Big Island sightseeing, settle into our Kona hotel rooms and suites with private lanais, 37" flat-screen TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi. During your stay, you'll also enjoy our infinity pool, onsite gym and yoga studio, day spa, and white sand beach. Choose from 2 savory restaurants for a delicious meal, complemented with beautiful ocean views! Our hotel also features an Island Breeze Luau to show you even more of Hawaii's vibrant culture! The Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel is here to deliver your ultimate island adventure, where we offer resort amenities without the resort fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel King Kamehamehas Kona Beach
- Hawaii King Kamehamehas Kona Beach Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Hawaii/Kailua-Kona