We stayed here for 4 nights in January 2013 and thought it was a great location. We booked an oceanfront room and were very glad that we did. Our balcony looked out on the very calm bay so we could watch the boat traffic, snorkelers, paddleboarders, swim clubs, and kayakers. It was also the drop off place for the cruiseship tenders so it got very busy the 2 days that cruiseships were in port. There was also a large tree that was the nighttime home to hundreds of mynah birds. They were exceptionally noisy when they gathered to roost at night and when they left in the morning. It didn't wake us up but it was certainly very noisy. Our king room had a sofa and a small table with 2 chairs, a large closet and a safe. The hotel's location makes it easy to walk to shopping and restaurants. You can swim and snorkel or try the pool if you've gotten up early and reserved a seat. The concierge desk was helpful the 2 times we asked for recommendations for tours and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel welcomes you to the Big Island of Hawaii for a memorable vacation. Located on the historical site where the famed Hawaiian King Kamehameha once lived, our beachfront hotel provides ocean views and direct access to Kailua Pier. We're also a short distance from downtown Kona, Kahaluu Beach Park, Kealakekua Bay, and Kailua Village. Following a day of Big Island sightseeing, settle into our Kona hotel rooms and suites with private lanais, 37" flat-screen TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi. During your stay, you'll also enjoy our infinity pool, onsite gym and yoga studio, day spa, and white sand beach. Choose from 2 savory restaurants for a delicious meal, complemented with beautiful ocean views! Our hotel also features an Island Breeze Luau to show you even more of Hawaii's vibrant culture! The Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel is here to deliver your ultimate island adventure, where we offer resort amenities without the resort fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel King Kamehamehas Kona Beach
- Hawaii King Kamehamehas Kona Beach Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Hawaii/Kailua-Kona