Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$140
$189
  • Breakfast included
$1,363
$1,139
Kona Seaside Hotel(Kailua-Kona)(Great Value!)
$154
$149
Orbitz.com
Royal Kona Resort(Kailua-Kona)
$161
$155
  • Beachfront
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort(Kailua-Kona)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Kona Tiki Hotel(Kailua-Kona)
3,204 results
All reviewsabc storewest towersmall beachthe big islandhawaiian historywithin walking distancepartial ocean viewisland breezecoffee shoppaddle boardsshops and restaurantspool barhotel is in a great locationloved this hotelbreakfast buffetocean frontali'i drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel is perfectly located in Kona within walking distance to many restaurants. The staff was friendly upon check-in and the check-in process went very smooth. Our room was very clean and we had no issues at all during our 6 day stay. The room comes equipped with a mini fridge and safe.

The pool area was very nice and clean with an added bonus of the pool bar. However, one night the hot tub did have noticable dirt in it.

The beach area outside the hotel was very convenient and not overly crowded while we were there. It seemed to be fairly trash free as well.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Kona area.

FYI: there is a $10 a night parking fee they add on when you check-in in order to park in the lot right behind the hotel.

2  Thank Samantha P
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed our last night on the Big island here and it was a good stay. The people are very nice, but no late check out here. The restaurant banquet I thought was good and excellent view of the beach. Right in the middle of the shopping, cruise boat arrivals, etc. Not really my kind of place but it was just fine if that is what you want.

Room Tip: I chose the full oceanfront - I would just stay in whatever room and enjoy the pool & beach for the view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We checked in AFTER the Iron Man had finished...fortunately. Love this hotel from top to bottom. Lovely front desk and room staff, gorgeous pool and bar, the view is beautiful and the downstairs displays are interesting. There's also a coffee/?bagel kind of shop, and and ABC store on property. Beds and linens were yummy! Would definitely stay here again. Walking distance to many, many restaurants and the Kona Brewery.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool...you'll get the ocean view as a bonus!
Reviewed November 3, 2012

For the most part, this is a great hotel in a very good location. We were evacuated for the tsunami warning the first night we were there but felt that the hotel did not give us clear instructions. We also never received clean glasses in our room despite calling and requesting the same. That being said, the hotel is in a great location for walking around the town, the parking is an absolute bargain at $10 a night, and the staff was very friendly. The room was a good size and the bathroom was very clean, with great water pressure in the shower. Had the breakfast buffet our first morning and it was pretty good. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good deal in a comfortable environment.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The front line personnel at this hotel are excellent. Everyone from the front desk clerks to the housekeeping staff could not have been better. The rooms are OK, just typical hotel rooms, nothing special. My partial ocean view room looked out onto a parking lot, if I were 7 feet tall and stood on a chair, I could have seen a glimpse of the ocean over the trees. DO NOT pay any extra for partial ocean view or ocean view, just get a regular room. The Wi Fi in the room was cut off at 7:25am on the morning we were scheduled to check out. I was working on my computer when the WI Fi went away. When I tried to log back in, the message was that my info did not match the hotel's registery. I am sure they loaded the guest list around 7, it would be a simple thing to keep those guest who are checking out on the list for the last day. I like to use the postal service flat rate boxes to ship home souvenirs and such, virtually all of the hotels I stay at have a roll of packing tape at the front desk or concierge desk to help secure the boxes. All of the staff acted totally surprised by the request, all said they would make a suggestion to management, but I doubt the management at this hotel is really interested in making that extra effort to help customers. We had a tsunami warning our first night there. When I asked what the evacuation plan for the hotel was, I was told if your above the 4th floor, you should be OK. Not very reassuring, we took our car and headed to higher ground, sleeping in the car until the authorities said it was OK to return to the evacuation area. While there were things that need improving, the hotel staff is friendly, the hotel is in a good location. If you are just looking for a place to sleep, go for it!

1  Thank cmb49