My, now, husband and I stayed here in October, in fact we had our wedding in the hotel grounds. We cannot recommend both the hotel and Kona Weddings, who have an office in the hotel, highly enough.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the location fantastic for wandering out for lunches, dinners and drinks, although we also loved eating at the pool bar in the evenings (great bar staff). There was some refurbishment happening on the ground floor (damage from the Tsunami) but it was not a problem. The snorkelling from the hotel beach was better than when we were on the Great Barrier Reef.
The wedding ceremony was just us, Danny (minister) and Helen Cheek (photographer) and Henri from the hotel. It was great, having been together for over 20 years we hadn't expected it to be such a happy and moving occasion. Helen took some amazing pictures, and believe me that was an achievement as hubby and I are notoriously unphotogenic. I still smile to myself when I think about the whole thing.
Having read some of the more negative reviews here, I really can't understand them. For the price you could not ask for better and I can't imagine the staff that I met being rude to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel welcomes you to the Big Island of Hawaii for a memorable vacation. Located on the historical site where the famed Hawaiian King Kamehameha once lived, our beachfront hotel provides ocean views and direct access to Kailua Pier. We're also a short distance from downtown Kona, Kahaluu Beach Park, Kealakekua Bay, and Kailua Village. Following a day of Big Island sightseeing, settle into our Kona hotel rooms and suites with private lanais, 37" flat-screen TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi. During your stay, you'll also enjoy our infinity pool, onsite gym and yoga studio, day spa, and white sand beach. Choose from 2 savory restaurants for a delicious meal, complemented with beautiful ocean views! Our hotel also features an Island Breeze Luau to show you even more of Hawaii's vibrant culture! The Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel is here to deliver your ultimate island adventure, where we offer resort amenities without the resort fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel King Kamehamehas Kona Beach
- Hawaii King Kamehamehas Kona Beach Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Hawaii/Kailua-Kona