We checked in on Sunday, September 4th. There were a lot of people there for the canoe races and we had to wait for our room to be ready. We came back at 1530 and checked in. The first room we were given was facing a wall, which would have been quiet, but we were hoping for a better view. We were then given room 411 which had a view of the pool and beach area. We heard noises the first night (from the luau?) but nothing after that...and we were so tired it and had no problem falling asleep. The hotel had some construction going on, but it was nothing that bothered us. The rooms were very nicely updated and the beds were very comfortable! My only complaint about the room would be the size of the bathroom. It was a little tight, but nicely updated. The room also had a fridge, safe and balcony with 2 chairs.
The hotel is in a great location. There are all kinds of shops and resturants just across the street. The beach area just outside of the hotel rents paddle boards ($25 per hour) kayaks, canoes and snorkel equipment. We got a $5 (hotel) discount on the paddle board which dropped it down to $20 an hour. There is also an ABC store in the hotel, which is great for postcards, etc.
The pool is not huge, but we always got 2 chairs together. Also, there is a $10 per day parking charge.
We "named our price" on priceline.com and were absolutely thrilled that the hotel we got was the King Kamehameha. We would definately book here again, but I don't think we'd be lucky enough to get the deal we got this time.
**About the negative review written for the "local".... I just can't understand how they had such a difficult time. If we had any issues or concerns, they were taken care of immediately and always with such a great attitude.....at all times of the day. We LOVED this hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel! Our Kona, Hawaii hotel's lobby and restaurants were newly renovated in 2011 and all of our 452 rooms have been upgraded to feature complimentary high speed Internet access, private balconies, mini refrigerators, coffee makers with complimentary Kona Coffee, 37' color flat screen TVs, and complimentary in-room safes. You will experience a brand new kind of hotel when you stay with us and delight in our accommodations from the moment you step into our new lobby. You will also find completely renovated corridors, a refreshed business center, and newly designed meeting rooms, outdoor swimming pool, whirlpool, and fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel King Kamehamehas Kona Beach
- Hawaii King Kamehamehas Kona Beach Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Hawaii/Kailua-Kona