After a long flight from NY to HI we were happy to find out that our hotel had most amazing mattress we have ever slept on. I actually wrote down the name and collection it was from before we flew back home. Simmons Beautyrest Classic - Gentle Nights II just incase someone was wondering.
Staff was OK at the front desk. We had a key issue so I went down to get it fixed. Took them a while because they were short staffed but overall they were fine.
Rooms were really clean and sleep was most comfortable.
I called ahead to tell them that we are on our honeymoon in hopes that they will give us a room with a decent view. Instead it was pointing towards some tennis court that has seen better days. Some people care about that stuff when doing a review but we didnt because we were there to enjoy our selves.
Location couldn't be better and everything was within 5-10 minute walking distance.Hotel has a ABC store around the corner (in the hotel building) where you can buy anything you need from foods drinks and accessories for cheap.
Hotels rental shop was great. FREE snorkeling gear for guests and $10/hr for kayaks which was awesome.
Restaurants around the hotel were very reasonably priced
Breakfast - $7-15 (a lot of food)
Dinner - $12-20 ( $20 if you order fish which you totally should)
Drinks - $4-8 (bartenders are very generous)
Hotels tiki bar was full of great tourists and very nice bartenders who are full of stories and tips. By day 3 they knew us by our names :)
Over all I would give this hotel 4.5 out of 5 start because I am not the type of critic who cares much about where his window pointing to or whether key cards worked or now and I waited few minutes to many at the service desk. If you want a real review which talks about Food Drinks Sleep comfort Location Amenities then little things like what I mentioned will not bother you.
We are planning out trip again next year and definitely will be staying in that great location .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel welcomes you to the Big Island of Hawaii for a memorable vacation. Located on the historical site where the famed Hawaiian King Kamehameha once lived, our beachfront hotel provides ocean views and direct access to Kailua Pier. We're also a short distance from downtown Kona, Kahaluu Beach Park, Kealakekua Bay, and Kailua Village. Following a day of Big Island sightseeing, settle into our Kona hotel rooms and suites with private lanais, 37" flat-screen TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi. During your stay, you'll also enjoy our infinity pool, onsite gym and yoga studio, day spa, and white sand beach. Choose from 2 savory restaurants for a delicious meal, complemented with beautiful ocean views! Our hotel also features an Island Breeze Luau to show you even more of Hawaii's vibrant culture! The Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel is here to deliver your ultimate island adventure, where we offer resort amenities without the resort fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel King Kamehamehas Kona Beach
- Hawaii King Kamehamehas Kona Beach Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Hawaii/Kailua-Kona