My wife and I stayed for 5 nights as part of our round the world stopover in Hawaii and can thoroughly recommend Honu Kai BnB.
Wendi's years of experience of hospitality in private aviation really show, and we were treated just like the movie stars she has cared for. Dave is working tirelessly to upgarde the property even further from its already high standard.
Little touches like snorkelling kit, beach towels, or beach chairs on loan, an honesty bar etc all add to the experience. Overall the atmosphere is very convivial and laid back. The open lanaii contributes to that atmosphere, but do take care of the mosquitoes and of an evening and cover up with more than just DEET spray particularly if you arent used to the voracious appetite of the little suckers in HI.
Keep up the good work guys. XX
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise with Aloha and Concierge Class Service ... Beyond Compare! Honu Kai, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate, offers a serene, Zen like feel amidst an old growth garden environment ... so relax, rejuvenate your senses and feel at one with nature — whether it’s lounging on the expansive lanai deck, listening to the water flowing into the koi pond, enjoying the garden jacuzzi under the Kona stars, or letting the occasional rain falling on the roof lull you to sleep. Honu Kai is extremely conscious of our environment and is 100% solar powered. We have been recognized as a Platinum Level Green Leader by TripAdvisor, their highest level of recognition. We use biodegradable toiletries, water efficient fixtures, Energy Star appliances, recycle waste, encourage towel and linen reuse, and serve locally sourced or on-site grown organic produce. Concierge services and trip planning by hosts with many years of experience in executive hospitality and travel services. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona