We stayed at Honu Kai BB end of August / beginning of September as part of our Hawaii honeymoon journey and were very happy to have chosen that place for Big Island.
In a nutshell lovely premises with garden and a lot of green, nice an clean rooms and extremely friendly owners offering all amenities you could imagine.
The rooms a stylish decorated and offer enough space to store all luggage away - in our case 3 large suitcases, one bag plus golf clubs. The beds are very comfortable and we did not find anything to complain about.
Breakfast is delicious always containing something with fruits and/or Yoghurt plus something warm - changing every day. And all you can drink of Kona-Coffee
Moreover every guest receives it space in a fridge and can use the huge barbecue-station free of charge.
If you need something for the beach, e.g. chair, umbrella, cooler-box they provide it -> free of charge.
Laundry, just ask...
Beside that Wendy and Kona-Dave are very funny and care taking hosts, so take your time talking to them and you might get great stories.
Thank again for that wonderful stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise with Aloha and Concierge Class Service ... Beyond Compare! Honu Kai, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate, offers a serene, Zen like feel amidst an old growth garden environment ... so relax, rejuvenate your senses and feel at one with nature — whether it’s lounging on the expansive lanai deck, listening to the water flowing into the koi pond, enjoying the garden jacuzzi under the Kona stars, or letting the occasional rain falling on the roof lull you to sleep. Honu Kai is extremely conscious of our environment and is 100% solar powered. We have been recognized as a Platinum Level Green Leader by TripAdvisor, their highest level of recognition. We use biodegradable toiletries, water efficient fixtures, Energy Star appliances, recycle waste, encourage towel and linen reuse, and serve locally sourced or on-site grown organic produce. Concierge services and trip planning by hosts with many years of experience in executive hospitality and travel services. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona