We had a 5 days in Kona and wanted to get a genuine experience while we were there. We were not disappointed. Staying at at Honu Kai B&B, we were treated like family. The breakfasts were wonderfully yummy, the advice on daily activities and assistance in getting ready was much needed and appreciated. The B&B is located a short 10min drive away from the town so you will need a car but given the location, you also have the perfect weather - never too hot and never too cold - we never needed heating or cooling in our rooms and always felt perfectly comfortable. The surrounds of the B&B, with birds and trees makes you feel very relaxed and one with nature. The nearby roosters will no doubt wake you up but I found I got use to them by the 3rd morning anyway and they made for a good alarm clock to get ready for the day ahead of us. There are a couple of bedrooms above the meal area, I would suggest if you want a quieter more secluded room, you choose the Nigori Suite or Male Hale Bungalow. The overall experience was excellent though and I would go back again and again if I could.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise with Aloha and Concierge Class Service ... Beyond Compare! Honu Kai, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate, offers a serene, Zen like feel amidst an old growth garden environment ... so relax, rejuvenate your senses and feel at one with nature — whether it’s lounging on the expansive lanai deck, listening to the water flowing into the koi pond, enjoying the garden jacuzzi under the Kona stars, or letting the occasional rain falling on the roof lull you to sleep. Honu Kai is extremely conscious of our environment and is 100% solar powered. We have been recognized as a Platinum Level Green Leader by TripAdvisor, their highest level of recognition. We use biodegradable toiletries, water efficient fixtures, Energy Star appliances, recycle waste, encourage towel and linen reuse, and serve locally sourced or on-site grown organic produce. Concierge services and trip planning by hosts with many years of experience in executive hospitality and travel services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Honu Kai B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona