From the time you arrive to the time you leave, Wendy and Dave want to make sure that you have a good time. You don't need to bring those extra things that take up space in your luggage. They have them to share with you. They provide travel binders for your destination, ice chests, maps and recommendations on places to see on you journey. If I had it to do over again, I would have stayed longer as it is a great place to decompress and enjoy the beauty of Hawaii
There is not much I would add that others haven't already said. Staying here is like staying with good friends. We stayed in the Lani room which was like being in a tree house. It was a corner room surrounded by a tree that was home to tiny birds-a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise with Aloha and Concierge Class Service ... Beyond Compare! Honu Kai, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate, offers a serene, Zen like feel amidst an old growth garden environment ... so relax, rejuvenate your senses and feel at one with nature — whether it’s lounging on the expansive lanai deck, listening to the water flowing into the koi pond, enjoying the garden jacuzzi under the Kona stars, or letting the occasional rain falling on the roof lull you to sleep. Honu Kai is extremely conscious of our environment and is 100% solar powered. We have been recognized as a Platinum Level Green Leader by TripAdvisor, their highest level of recognition. We use biodegradable toiletries, water efficient fixtures, Energy Star appliances, recycle waste, encourage towel and linen reuse, and serve locally sourced or on-site grown organic produce. Concierge services and trip planning by hosts with many years of experience in executive hospitality and travel services. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona