My husband and I stayed at Honu Kai for three nights in October 2012. Not long enough! Wendi and Kona Dave are wonderful hosts. Their hospitality, care, and attention to detail are second to none. Kona Dave's breakfasts are the best - I still miss them! And Wendi's ability to know what you need before you know yourself is amazing. We HIGHLY recommend Honu Kai. If you can spend more than three nights, you really should. The location and B&B suits are ideal. The Big Island has so much to offer and Wendi and Dave can point you in all the right directions. I've stayed at many B&Bs over the years and Honu Kai is tops. Mahalo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise with Aloha and Concierge Class Service ... Beyond Compare! Honu Kai, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate, offers a serene, Zen like feel amidst an old growth garden environment ... so relax, rejuvenate your senses and feel at one with nature — whether it’s lounging on the expansive lanai deck, listening to the water flowing into the koi pond, enjoying the garden jacuzzi under the Kona stars, or letting the occasional rain falling on the roof lull you to sleep. Honu Kai is extremely conscious of our environment and is 100% solar powered. We have been recognized as a Platinum Level Green Leader by TripAdvisor, their highest level of recognition. We use biodegradable toiletries, water efficient fixtures, Energy Star appliances, recycle waste, encourage towel and linen reuse, and serve locally sourced or on-site grown organic produce. Concierge services and trip planning by hosts with many years of experience in executive hospitality and travel services. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona