We had the opportunity to once again visit the Big Island July 9th-16th. We had stayed at Honu Kai B&B last year, and had an absolutely wonderful time. This year we were vacationing with another couple so we decided to book the condo at Mauna Lani (property owned by Wendi and Dave). As we expected, the condo was a perfect haven... well supplied kitchen, lovely furnishings, beach equipment, beautiful lanai, etc.!!! We began and ended each day sitting on the lanai, sipping beverages and recounting our fun-filled days. There is a beautiful beach with snorkeling and a lovely pool, both within walking distance of the condo. We enjoyed the fact that Mauna Lani is an intimate place, yet it has all of the amenities of the large resorts (without all of the crowds of people).
We did not expect to return to the Big Island, but our experience with Wendi and Dave and their properties have kept us coming back. Our memories will help carry us through the long Ohio winter! Thanks again, Wendi and Dave, it was great!
Mary Anne and Jim
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha filled vacation at a plantation styled B&B, set on a lush tropical 1.3 acre estate. Private park-like setting,gated parking. 10 mins. from Kailua-Kona, shopping, beaches & restaurants. Old-growth garden, zen zone with lots of statuary, relaxing & peaceful, welcoming! Expansive covered and sun decks, garden jacuzzi. 4 spacious rooms, all private baths,luxury linens: bungalow w/kitchenette, 2 tree-top bedrooms with sundeck, & master suite w/deck area. Shared outdoor kitchen with huge gas BBQ, shared fridge. Concierge services, trip planning, owners are very knowledgeable of Island activities and special things to do. We provide snorkel equipment/beach chairs/bags/boogie boards/umbrellas. 3 course hot breakfast, varied daily: pastries, local tropical and exotic fruits, special dietary needs are catered to. Teas/Kona coffee 24/7. Adult guests, no children under 17 years. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Honu Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Honu Kai Bed And Breakfast
- Honu Kai B&B Hawaii/Kailua-Kona