“Best Korean Japanese Cuisine in Kona”
Review of Fumi's Kitchen

Fumi's Kitchen
Ranked #114 of 302 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 11, 2015

Really loved the Babyback ribs the Chashu men the broth is delicious and the huge soft Babyback rib could be eaten with a fork. Service and aloha made my family feel right at home! Lots of beautiful entrees how they plate their food is a work of art!

Reviewed July 7, 2015 via mobile

This is a more modern spin on local Japanese food than its sister location Teshima's which has a very similar menu but is located in a more rural area. Great service and food along with a very convenient location. Really enjoyed our meal here.. Kalbi Ribeye was awesome!

Reviewed June 30, 2015

Good location in town, plenty of parking, and the food is like Teshima's because Chef Ronniw Ow is here. Korean-Japanese cuisine served very much in the traditional artful Japanese way but with little modern twists of local flair.

Reviewed May 27, 2015

My wife and I went for dinner a few nights ago, and enjoyed it. Located next to Coconut Grove where Outback and Humpy's are located, Fumi's is in the same mall as Lava Java, at the opposite end from the Alii Drive side. Previously occupied by Okole Maluna, with Shiono Sushi close by, for some reason this mall has had a number of restaurants over the years. Fumi's roots are up mauka with Teshima's, a Kona institution. At any rate if you are from out of town you enter from the Kuakini Highway side, not the Alii Drive side, and park in the lot just north of Coconut Grove. It's right at the edge of the parking lot, you see it first when you enter the mall.

They've done a nice job inside in what one might call classic Hawaii local style dining, and it is simple and clean.

I had the ahi / shrimp tempura combo, and it was ok. Tempura was superb, the ahi a little oily. My wife had an ahi burger and substituted a salad for fries, and it was excellent. Our server was a sweet gal that had recently moved here from Montana and was friendly. I am looking forward to trying other items on the menu.

Reviewed May 27, 2015

TRY IT!! I had mine in the Bento Box ... wish i would have ordered more! My husband ordered the teriyaki sandwich and I wish I would have done the same. I tried Spam for the first time here as well :) Ate it all! Waitress (Im so sorry I don't remember her name!) was so friendly and gave us a lot of great info of other places to visit while on the Big Island. She really took the time to get to know us. Great lunch!