“Well-prepared, generous portion, reasonable...for Kona.”
Review of Rapanui Island Cafe - CLOSED

Rapanui Island Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Evergreen Colorado
“Well-prepared, generous portion, reasonable...for Kona.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had dinner here and loved it. The Aussie chef/owner knows how to cook and does it well. I had a satay combination of marinated beef and chicken with house rice. Fabulous. My wife had the vegetarian option. Both were huge and priced in the mid-teens. We were first in the door (5 pm) and were served within 20 minutes. Seating is limited and covered open-air. You can't go wrong here! You'll find it near the back of the 80 foot hallway of shops.

Visited November 2012

Columbus, Ohio
“Laid back and yummy”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Paw paw chicken was very moist. Ahi fresh catch stirfry was delish. Wine from New Zealand not so great. Chill atmosphere. Overall very pleasant, tasty and a nice start to vacation.

Los Angeles, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I shared the Gado Gado salad and each tried the Ahi special. The food was amazing! Such fresh ingredients, and so many delicious flavors. The portions were very generous, and reasonably priced. We can't wait to get back to Kona and try Rapanui's again.

Visited October 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great food, tough to find the place...”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Once we found the place, we enjoyed a great meal. As others have mentioned, if you have a nut allergy, this isn't the place for you. Seems very Thai inspired, many peanut sauces and similar dishes. Good service, great food. It's in the back of one of the little shopping strips, and doesn't offer much ambiance. Go for the food, not the atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012
Carmel, California, United States
“AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great place to eat. I'd go back there tomorrow if I could. We loved the coconut rice and the stir-fry shrimp. I wish I lived close by so I could visit more often.

Visited October 2012