“Decent fish tacos”

Splasher's Grill
Ranked #9 of 293 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Splashers Grill is a family owned, casual dining experience. We are located across from the ocean where most tables have a great view of the ocean and Kona pier. We are Famous for our burger and Fish Tacos. We have the best breakfast in Kona and always FREE COFFEE with breakfast. We look forward to meeting you very soon. Aloha, Inde Coggins Owner
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Overall, this restaurant has decent prices and tasty food. Make sure you sit on the balcony, There is a pretty good view. Overall, this place wasn't anything spectacular, but is a fun and inexpensive place to get a bite to eat for lunch or early dinner.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were staying nearby and walked over to this local restaurant. At 8 am, it was already crowded, with a 20 min wait. We were greeted with lots of smile and patience, offered coffee while waiting. Once seated, the service was excellent. This place is on second floor right across from Courtyard by Marriott at Kona, and you can enjoy the view of the ocean. Food choices and the quality were excellent. We will highly recommend this place. They also are open all day for lunch, dinner and have a full bar for evening with a view

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We ate here for breakfast as part of our hotel deal. By the end of the week we would rather have paid extra to eat somewhere else. Limited set menu and poor service. So many better places to eat.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

For my birthday, my son took me to Splasher's. We have walked by this restaurant a million times, watched the Ironman right in front of it and heard that it has the best fish and chips in Kona. We made a reservation the day before, while my children were paddleboarding (they rented the paddleboards virtually at the foot of Splasher's covered stairway.)

We arrived five minutes early for our dinner. The pleasant host told us that it would be a few minutes and gave us a beeper. It turned out to be more like half an hour. The explanation was that there were six tables that would not leave despite being paid out. It was the time for the sunset, but we had a good dose of Vog that evening and sunset was not an issue. I suppose the bottom line here is that this is the busy season and this restaurant is in a great location. The dining room is set up so almost everyone has a killer view. Nevertheless, it is pretty unusual to wait for a table in Kona before 6 PM.

Once seated, the service was prompt. And the food was fantastic. I had truly excellent fish and chips, easily the best I have had in Kona. This delicious dinner was no more expensive than similar meals offered at restaurants lacking a view of the pier.

If you are hankerin' for some fish and chips in Kona, I strongly recommend Splasher's. If you go, you may very well see me waiting in line with my beeper.

jeff

Reviewed February 20, 2014

While walking down by the pier I decided to find out why this restaurant was always so busy. I went in a little early for lunch to make sure I got a table. The server was very friendly and prompt. I ordered a Splasher's Burger and a beverage while seated at a table overlooking Kona Pier. My meal was served right away and was very good. It was enjoyable to sit in a nice , quiet holiday atmosphere to have lunch. The restaurant was very clean and the servers were very friendly and polite. I would certainly recommend Splasher's Grill to anyone looking for a good meal in Kona Village.