“Best sushi in Kona!”
Review of Sushi Shiono

Sushi Shiono
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Shiono is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 293 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Hawaiian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alii Sunset Plaza
Description: Sushi Shiono is without a doubt the best sushi restaurant on the Big Island of Hawaii. We offer only the finest and freshest selections of fresh fish from all over the world, including lots of local Kona fish expertly prepared and served with love.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Love Shiono's, the food is outstanding and the service is fantastic! Love the Hawaiian Volcano Roll- a definite must.

8  Thank Jenny D

Reviewed May 28, 2014

When I went to the restaurant, I wasn't thinking I wanted Sushi, I had a lot of rice and fish and wanted to get something a little different. My friend ordered the Sushi and Sashimi plate while I ordered Udon with a side of tempura. There were a lot of options on the menu, not just sushi.

We shared and I loved all of it. I enjoyed the chewy udon noodles in a tasty broth as well as the tender cuts of sashimi. When I went to write the review, I had to ask myself was there anything wrong? There wasn't, the service was very friendly and attentive, the place was clean and I walked away feeling thinking I would go back there again.

6  Thank LAGuy90019
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was looking forward to this meal. It was good, dont get me wrong. Maybe I should have sat at the counter and ordered omakase. What I couldnt get over was the amount of rice on each piece of nigiri. I had to remove about 1/3 off each piece. There is just something about the rice preparation that didnt work for me. The fish was great. Service was very good.

We also ordered soba. Wasn't good. OK its a sushi place, but still.

I'd go again to specifically hit the bar though.

4  Thank James B
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here because of the good reviews. We were not disappointed. We ordered hamachi sashimi, salmon roll, and the spicy mongoose roll. The quality was excellent.

The service was good. They were super busy, but my drink never sat empty for long. And our food came out relatively quick.

The waitress recommended the tempura ice cream. We loved it! I just wish we had found this place before the end of our vacation.

5  Thank Anna_Brat
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Before leaving the island, I wanted to take a few family members out to dinner. I let my aunt pick the restaurant and Shiono's was an excellent choice. The service was attentive and top notch. The menu had SO many choices. We ordered a "boat," unagi dish, seafood tempura, and a rainbow roll. All was absolutely delicious. The seafood tempura had large pieces of seafood, with a light tempura battery. This is the best tempura I've eaten outside of Japan - trust me, I've been looking for a long time. To end an excellent meal we had ice-cream. I went with the green tea ice cream, which did not disappoint. Shiono's made my parting dinner with family very enjoyable.

6  Thank ジェームズ フ