“Had a great time!”

and up
Big Island Parasailing Experience
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII: We parasail right off of the Kailua-Kona Pier. For check-in and our Office Address:75-5660 Palani Road - Suite 111 Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96740 ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION: Parasailors are on the boat for approximately one hour with a maximum of 8 passengers per boat (flying and non-flying.) Participants are winched on and off the boats hydraulically for safe and dry landings. Participants must be at least 3 years old in order to parasail or ride on the boat as a paying observer. Parasailors must weigh at least 160 pounds to fly alone. Tandem and triple flights are available with a maximum weight limit of 450 pounds. The captain can increase or decrease these restrictions at their sole discretion based on safety, wind and sea conditions. Got to our website to view our current ride options and prices.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had a great time on this activity. We pre-booked the 1200ft parasail, so they sent us right on up. There was another family on the boat with us, and they were kind enough to take video of us during our flight, take-off and landing. I had another camera up with me to take video during the flight. The company does sell a photo/video package.
Be careful parking, however! The day prior to our parasail we stopped by the 'office' to get parking instructions. We were told they had a 'few spaces behind the office, otherwise we'd have to pay to park.' We parked in a space that was not marked with a 'park, lock, and pay' reminder, but when we returned we had a fine violation for failure to park. These fines are charged by Diamond Parking, not the police department. It would have been nice if the office had told patrons that all spaces behind the office were paid parking, or had a sign indicating that posted at the office.

All reviews
in 27 reviews
"ft"
in 37 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We did a tandem ride at their 1500 feet what a great view of Kona you get from up there. They took great pictures and you tube video . Would recommend them to anyone who wants to try it for the first time .

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The staff both in the office and (especially) on the boat were fantastic. Did this on our last day in Kona with our three teenage daughters and had a blast. Everyone was a little nervous but they took great care of us, made us laugh and feel comfortable and enjoy every minute of it. Wonderful to take off and land from the boat. Great music and fun times as a boat ride as well. It was a wonderful family activity to end our 2 weeks on the Big Island.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very disappointed. We brought our own camera, those two crews were not very happy. They were very unfriendly. I do not know if it is because I am an Asian or because I brought my own camera and did not order picture form them. Besides the ride is really not worth the money. If you have $85 dollars, go wale watching, snorkeling, luau and other adventures.

1  Thank Dana1023361
See more reviews
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was such a fun thing to do in Kona! I booked this online rather than through the cruise ship--glad I did! So convenient and saved money, too!

We checked in at the UFO office and got our wristbands, It was a short walk back to the dock to board the boat. The captain and crew were very professional and friendly.

Originally I had booked the 600' flight. (I'm afraid of heights) Once on board we were given the option, in flight, to go to 800' or even 1,200' with just a wave of our arms. The additional fee was reasonable.

We are two 50-somethings and not in the greatest of physical condition but it didn't matter. We were harnessed up and just floated away. Our tandem ride was a blast! We opted to go to 800' and I'm glad we did! The height didn't bother me at all! It was a peaceful, relaxing ride.

All too soon it was time to land on the back of the boat. We didn't even get wet! I would definitely "fly" with this crew again!