“AMAZING location! Good breakfast food.”

Fish Hopper Seafood and Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Hopper Seafood and Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 285 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Alii Drive
Description: Fish Hopper - Kailua-Kona * Experience the beauty of the Pacific Ocean at The Fish Hopper Seafood and Steaks, overlooking Kailua Bay on the Big Island Hawaii. Enjoy fresh Big Island and seafood flown in weekly from California. Our bar serves up signature Bucket of Fire and Volcano flaming drinks and is the perfect oceanfront location to gather with friends for Happy Hour. We are within walking distance to shops and historic sites. A landmark (formerly the Ocean View Inn) and a local favorite Kona restaurant since 1934. The Fish Hopper has been beautifully restored to expand upon its spectacular ocean views. We proudly serve seafood from sustainable sources, harvested by methods that do not harm the environment. Open daily from 730am-930pm.
Raymore, Missouri
“AMAZING location! Good breakfast food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We ate breakfast here, and it was good, but the view and atmosphere is really good! I would eat here again, for breakfast, not sure about dinner as there are so many options! Either way, the view is awesome!

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner at Fish Hopper during a visit in Kona. The food was excellent and the service was kind and attendive. We had some drinks, the treasure of the sea and the swordfish - i highly reccomend this restaurant to others!

“Great chowder!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This place didn't get a good review in the revealed book, but we took a chance. I'm glad we did! The chowder and fish tacos were really good, and the service was spot on.

Long Beach, California
“Don't Go to this Restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I did not want to even give this restaurant ( Fish Hopper in Kona HI) one star.
I dined there on 7/21/13
One bad experence after another.
I have been eating at this location for over 21 years, when it was owned by a family and called Ocean View Restaurant.
1st. When my food was being delivered to my table 2 plates of food, one plate slid off the tray and shattered on the table, the floor and on me.
2nd. The management did not even seem to care about the mishap.
3rd. They gave us, the one lunch and said it would be 8 to 10 minutes to prepare a new one for the plate that slid off. Heck, I could of had pieces of broken plate on my one plate they left for us to eat. They should of prepared 2 new meals for us to enjoy.
4th. When we began to eat the 2 lunches, ( Kalua Pork Sandwich @ $11.95 and Ahi Tuna Wrap @ $15.95) they were both terrible, hardly no Pork or Ahi in the sandwich or wrap.
5th. I spoke to the waiter, Jordan, he said he would have the Mgr. come by. He never did. We ate a portion of the food, got the check, paid the bill and even filled out the survey form with our comments.I even left my phone number, thinking that they might call me. They never did.
6th. I came home after 3 weeks vacation, and wrote to the corporate office twice 8/12/13 and 8/15/13. No one answered my e mails from Corporate.
7th. I did what I think giving them the benefit... and no responses.
Again, I encourage you... to avoid this non caring restaurant, as no one seems to care. It is now owned by a corporation, and they DO NOT TAKE CARE OF THERE CUSTOMERS.
8th. I was not looking for much, perhaps a gift card to possibly come back or a comp. desert.
BUT NOTHING.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Rick P
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything was delicious and a wonderful view too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I have to start by saying, save room for dessert. The lilikoi cheesecake was excellent. We had the off menu bacon wrapped prawns which were amazing. The chowder was thick, rich, and full of clams and veggies. It lived up to its awards winning status. The fish and chips and coconut shrimp were perfectly cooked. I also had the chef's special ultimate Bloody Mary, an appetizer and a drink. Very fun with a crab cake, an oyster, a bacon wrapped shrimp and crab stuffed olives and lemon. Great service, very attentive. Definitely a must stop in Kona:)