“Great food, awesome service!”

Fish Hopper Seafood and Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Hopper Seafood and Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 287 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Alii Drive
Description: Fish Hopper - Kailua-Kona * Experience the beauty of the Pacific Ocean at The Fish Hopper Seafood and Steaks, overlooking Kailua Bay on the Big Island Hawaii. Enjoy fresh Big Island and seafood flown in weekly from California. Our bar serves up signature Bucket of Fire and Volcano flaming drinks and is the perfect oceanfront location to gather with friends for Happy Hour. We are within walking distance to shops and historic sites. A landmark (formerly the Ocean View Inn) and a local favorite Kona restaurant since 1934. The Fish Hopper has been beautifully restored to expand upon its spectacular ocean views. We proudly serve seafood from sustainable sources, harvested by methods that do not harm the environment. Open daily from 730am-930pm.
“Great food, awesome service!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have been hear a couple of times in the past couple of weeks. Each time I had the same waiter, Jose. He remembered my drink, even though I had only stopped by once. He even remembered my meal. The food has not failed my expectations either. The macadamia but encrusted mahi mahi is the best with the molakan sweet potatoes. Amazing!

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Utah
“Nice View”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Had a lunch and a dinner at Fish Hoppers. Loved the front view of the pier and bay. Also cool to be at the place of the Kona webcam that we watched weekly before coming to Kona. Their clam chowder was very good. The kilua pork quesadilla was nice for lunch. Dinner involved broiled catch of the day and was prepared nicely. Fish Hopper is more expensive than some places but not as pricey as others.

San Antonio
“FRESH SEAFOOD AT A GOOD PRICE”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We found this place on Tripadvisor and decided to try it for a very late lunch. The restaurant was not crowded but I expect it fills up during the evening given the quality of the food. I had some raw oysters which are flown in from Seattle and they were fresh and cold. We also had the chowder which was not quite as good as Coconuts' chowder on Maui but still worth ordering. Service was great and our waiter, whom I think was Tammi, was awesome. My wife was not feeling well from her stomach and Tammi brought her a glass of a bitters mixture which settled her stomach. Tammi, major props to you! We went back several days later for shopping in Kona and had some drinks here. Prices were reasonable and the bartender was first rate. We sat at the bar and watched him mix drinks for us and the restaurant patrons. You can tell he takes pride in his work and it reflects in his drinks. Check it out. You will not be disappointed.

Long Island, New York
“Favorite Resataurant”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our favorite meal while in Kona. Great view, friendly staff, food was delicious. I had the seafood salad for lunch, super fresh and the portions are substantial. Best seafood selection of any place we dined.

Kauila Kona
“1st Visit, but not the Last!!! : )))))”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I dined at Fish Hopper later in the evening-they seem to always be busy, but easily accommodated the 2 of us with a great view! The chef's specials were amazing- he had Ono and I had the Pink Snapper with risotto. Can't TELL you how good it was!!! The total bill was slightly pricey, but worth every penny! We wish we had more days in our stay to visit again- they had tastes of clam chowder at the door and it was great also- great idea for lunch! Service was friendly and again, we would return for SURE!

• Visited July 2013