“Nice restaurant with great view”

Fish Hopper Seafood and Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish Hopper Seafood and Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 285 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Alii Drive
Description: Fish Hopper - Kailua-Kona * Experience the beauty of the Pacific Ocean at The Fish Hopper Seafood and Steaks, overlooking Kailua Bay on the Big Island Hawaii. Enjoy fresh Big Island and seafood flown in weekly from California. Our bar serves up signature Bucket of Fire and Volcano flaming drinks and is the perfect oceanfront location to gather with friends for Happy Hour. We are within walking distance to shops and historic sites. A landmark (formerly the Ocean View Inn) and a local favorite Kona restaurant since 1934. The Fish Hopper has been beautifully restored to expand upon its spectacular ocean views. We proudly serve seafood from sustainable sources, harvested by methods that do not harm the environment. Open daily from 730am-930pm.
“Nice restaurant with great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were in town for restaurant week, so I had one of the specials...filet and lobster...and it was excellent. My husband and son enjoyed their meals as well. Everything was very good, our waitress was very attentive and friendly, and the view of the bay was beautiful.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Midland, Texas
“overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Horrible customer service...overpriced. Keep walking down the street for better food and service. There are only male waiters. Not worth the view.

1 Thank Mary H
Surprise, Arizona
“Loco moco & other island favorites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Every time I visit Kona I make a point of visiting the Fish Hopper. It is situated in the heart of Kona on Ali'i Drive along the waterfront. The views of the bay and incoming cruise ships can't be beat. The menu has several fish dishes like macadamia encrusted Ono, Ahi, and red snapper. Loco moco is a local island favorite consisting of white rice, two eggs and your choice of chicken, spam, ham, bacon all covered by a brown gravy. It's heavy on the carbs and designed to help power you through a long day of activities. Eat like a local - get the Spam!

Eugene, Oregon
“Awesome food and view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The best fish and chips in Kona! My trio fish plate was phenomenal. Excellant service, location, drinks and views of harbor.

Topeka, KS
“Don't order the steak!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Let me start out that I have eaten at this restaurant in the past for lunch and it has been very good. This time for dinner, not so much. I decided I had enough fish this visit and wanted a juicy steak. The menu had a 16oz bone in rib eye for $37.95 and I went for it and splurged. My wife had a chef's salad with crab and shrimp. We had a coupon given to us when we walked by here earlier in the day they hand out for a free appetizer.
We began by delivery of the appetizer. It was deep fried calamari....the best I have ever eaten. So fresh and lightly coated.Then came the entrees. I had ordered a medium steak pink in the center. I wondered what had taken so long as we waited close to half an hour and the restaurant was not that busy. When I cut into the steak, it was way overdone to the point of being well done. The waitress came by and asked how things were and I showed her and told her about the steak. She offered to give us a free dessert but I wasn't interested. My wife began eating her salad ($16.95) and it was tasteless. The shell fish did not seem fresh. I took a few bites of my steak and although it was flavorful , it was just too overdone for me. My wife ate about half of hers. A manager came by and said the waitress told him there was a problem with my steak and when he looked at it, he said, "Looks like they cooked the heck out of it." He also offered to cook me another one or a free dessert and I told him we were not interested at this point. The bill came and they did knock 20% off my entree. I feel they should have comped my entree in full.
I would recommend to come here to eat for lunch as the prices are much cheaper and the food for whatever reason is better. Maybe a different chef? The location is downtown Kailua by the pier and excellent open air dining views.