“Very Good But Expensive”

Kenichi Pacific Sushi & Pacific Rim
Ranked #80 of 288 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kamehameha III
Transit: Keauhou shuttle It's new, Open-Air 44seat trolley type shuttle. Between Keauhou and Kailua town eight times aday.
Edmonton, Canada
“Very Good But Expensive”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Came here as we were craving sushi and heard good things about the restaurant. The service was terrific and the food was indeed good, but quite pricey in comparison to other local restaurants. A surprise was their Macadamia Crusted Lamb Chops - one wouldn't expect this in a Japanese restaurant, but one of our group ordered it, and it was absolutely delicious. The mall location isn't spectacular but comfortable and relatively quiet in the evening.

• Visited April 2013

San Francisco, California
“A MUST!!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Okay, Kenichi is one of my all time favorite Japanese restaurant - ANYWHERE! The food is delicious and plentiful. Everything from our edamame to our sashimi to my mom's "spaghetti" (which I would HIGHLY recommend - the wafu kinoko pasta) to the duck confit to our tenderloin carpaccio to the mac nut crusted lamb was so delicious that my mouth is watering just thinking about it! And I know YOURS IS TOO!

Yes, the prices are that of a typical Japanese restaurant, but seriously, one of the best Japanese restaurants I've ever experienced. I love this place, and have been back 3 times. The service is really good as well.

• Visited February 2013
Shelburne, Vermont
“Count on it”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This restaurant is a survivor. It has been here for years because it does a very good job. It is somewhat pricy but you are assured of a good Jappanese meal and good service. It is in a mall so not much atmosphere but the interior is elegant enough.

• Visited September 2012
Bloomington, Indiana
“Yum Yum Yum”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had dinner here during Spring break and the food was fabulous, as was the staff. Our youngest is not a sushi fan but he had incredible "fried chicken" and lamb, both really delicious. Our 16 year old had a bowl of Miso soup which I usually find intensely boring but these folks offered it with clams... simple addition and totally changed the soup. Now I am trying to get my local places to offer this option! The rest of the food was fresh and tasty and the staff really knew the menu and had a great sense of what worked with what. The location isn't anything special though the interior has an urban hip vibe. Nothing in the Kona area is cheap but I really felt like I got my money's worth here.

• Visited April 2013
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Awesome food and superb service!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We loved the ambience here with the water lights on the wall. Our waiter (Michael) was the best...he kept our sake/beer poured and was attentive to every detail. He had excellent recommendations too. The Kenichi roll was delicious - order the real wasabi (worth the price) for your sushi - hard to find and reaaallllly good. The sunomono salad was fresh and tastey - not too pickled like some. We ate way too much and had a great time there. Want to go back -

Visited April 2013