“Great day”

Viator VIP: The Sunset Experience Helicopter Tour from Kona
Ranked #26 of 200 Tours in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Paradise Helicopters - Hawaii's Most Unique Helicopter Experience! Enjoy the Hawaii few people ever witness on our one-of-a-kind air adventures departing out of Kona & Hilo on Hawaii Island, Lanai and Oahu. Whether flying Doors-Off over the volcano to feel the heat of the lava, hovering beside a 2000 foot waterfall, landing for stunning views on an epic ridge top, or photographing the remote beauty of Hawaii’s rare rain forest valleys, black and GREEN sand beaches – our Hawaiian helicopter tours offer a diverse set of adventure options to suit every need! This is one flight you will be sure to remember for a lifetime.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Fantastic flight and the pilot, Darren, was truely outstanding.Great knowledge and piloting.
Land portion of trip could have been longer, and perhaps more geology on ground as well
as discussed.
However, a great combination of ground and air.
Indeed, the northern flight equaled or exceeded the southern portion in interest and beauty.
Kudos to all, including the ground crew, both at Kona and Hilo

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

First time in in a helicopter and volcano tour. It made fot a awesome birthday gift for my wife. She was a first timer and she enjoyed herself. Definitely would do a much longer one next time.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Pilot Kohji took us today for a 3 hour ride - we could see floating lava, volcanic fog, a lot of water, the wreck of a world war II bomber in the middle of the jungle and a 360 degrees rainbow.
Even the booking procedure was very pleasant, the ground crew was super friendly and helped us with everything necessary ( explanations about what to wear, what to take with us, ...) I would definetely fly this tour again if I ever will return to Big Island again. Thanks a lot guys, this was a perfect day.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

It's our first time visiting any island in Hawaii. So my sister and I thought it was just right to do a helicopter ride. I did some research and looked for several companies. I'm glad I picked paradise. Their service was excellent. Our pilot koji was very professional and experienced. The ride was nice and smoth. The views were breaktaking. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone that is interested in a helicopter tour.

1  Thank Chrisfabian
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We went on a Sunday morning at 10:15 from Kona on the full island with the landing tour. This was absolutely amazing! You see everything and by far our best experience of the trip - I recommend this for everyone. People have told me "wow, that's a lot of money" but every single penny was worth it. It was one of the greatest memories of my lifetime and absolutely breathtaking.

Our pilot was named Danny and he did a phenomenal job explaining everything to us. We flew over the lava and even got to see some red lava.

Then we landed in a special spot along cliffs and the shoreline for lunch. There were waterfalls close by as well.

Incredible trip - highly recommend it over anything else we did on the island. Worth. It.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction