“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
$299.00*
and up
Volcanoes and Waterfall Extreme: 45-Minute Open-Door Volcanoes Helicopter Flight
Ranked #25 of 198 Tours in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Paradise Helicopters - Hawaii's Most Unique Helicopter Experience! Enjoy the Hawaii few people ever witness on our one-of-a-kind air adventures departing out of Kona & Hilo on Hawaii Island, Lanai and Oahu. Whether flying Doors-Off over the volcano to feel the heat of the lava, hovering beside a 2000 foot waterfall, landing for stunning views on an epic ridge top, or photographing the remote beauty of Hawaii’s rare rain forest valleys, black and GREEN sand beaches – our Hawaiian helicopter tours offer a diverse set of adventure options to suit every need! This is one flight you will be sure to remember for a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just do it!!
The tour & in flight commentary from pilot was excellent.Both sides had ample views of scenery. Pilot was conscious of this & regulary did 180 degree turns so all had equal view.
I wil fly with this organisation again next visit.

1 Thank damian54
robparadise, Director of Business Development at Paradise Helicopters - KONA, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Aloha,
Thank you for your positive review. While there are many great ways to see our island, the advantage of the helicopter is that we can stop, turn, pivot, and maneuver in ways that no other air tour can. Thank you for choosing us.

Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Valley Landing helicopter tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

wow....we had a wonderful time on our helicopter tour and valley landing. It was amazing. We loved the trip although it sucks to be a little heavier as it costs more to go on the trip. Koji was our pilot and was very knowledgeable and friendly! We would def. do again if we come back to Hawaii.

Visited April 2013
Aloha,
Thank you for taking our exclusive Volcano and Valley landing air adventure. We are glad to here that you thought it was "amazing". And yes, we do have a capacity surcharge for guests over 250 pounds but it is the lowest in the industry. Thank you for choosing us.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Paradise Helicopters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Four of us took our first helicopter ride with Koji at the helm and it was absolutely fantastic. He took us all over the island and we saw the lava flowing into the sea, and the valleys and waterfalls of the north east. Took the time to make sure we got lots of photographs from both sides of the helicopter while explaining the scenery and interesting facts as we flew over. Excellent time had by all.

Aloha,
Thank you for letting us be your first helicopter ride. You certainly got the right pilot with Koji since he has over 10,000 hours of flight time. We're glad to hear that everyone got a chance to take awesome photographs from both sides of the helicopter and that you all enjoyed yourselves.
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Open Door Magnum PI Charter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was a great experience. We flew out of Hilo and drove over from Kona, which was totally worth it. We booked through Kelly at Hawaii Active who was the most helpful in so many ways besides this charter! Paradise helicopters took the 4 of us on an hour tour in a Magnum PI themed helicopter over waterfalls and the volcanoes, all the way to the ocean where we could see lava hitting the ocean.

Don't expect to see tons and tons of lava flow, but we did see spots of fresh lava which was very cool. Also on the big island you aren't going to fly right next to any waterfalls, but you do go over several that you can't get to from the land.

The experience itself was worth it and the doors off was great fun. Marco our guide was very informative and answered any questions we had, it was a great experience, worth the money!

Aloha
You have the unique distinction of being one of the first to fly in our Magnum helicopter. It won't be officially unveiled until Monday, June 3 at the Turtle Bay Resort on Oahu. glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to see you again on a future trip to Hawaii.
Huntsville, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Could have been great - but not....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I went on a doors off trip over the Lava flow and Waterfalls with my wife today. I am an avid photographer so I was very excited to go with the doors off. To my dismay, I was on the left side of the Helicopter and we flew up the coast so that everyone on the right side had a great view but all I could see if ocean, lots and lots of ocean. As the other people on the right side took picture after picture I could only set and watch. I asked the pilot if we would fly back the same way hoping that I would get a view on the way back but she said I'm not sure. On the way back we flew over the rain forest, just trees and trees. No view. I was very disappointed. I voiced my displeasure to the staff and they said sorry and smiled.... They already had my money so who cares. I would not recommend this trip unless they change so that everybody get a view. A total waste of money for me. My wife who had no camera was on the right side and got a great view. By the way they place you in your seat by weight balance so you have no choice in the matter.

5 Thank Jon C
Aloha,
Certainly disappointment is not the emotion we want any of our guests to leave with. Our pilots are instructed to provide equal photographing opportunities from both sides of the aircraft. Please contact me directly at rob@paradisecopters.com to discuss what we could do better and how we could make amends.