“Take your chance”

Experience Hawai'i Big Island Helicopter Flight from Kona
Ranked #24 of 208 Tours in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Paradise Helicopters - Hawaii's Most Unique Helicopter Experience! Enjoy the Hawaii few people ever witness on our one-of-a-kind air adventures departing out of Kona & Hilo on Hawaii Island, Lanai and Oahu. Whether flying Doors-Off over the volcano to feel the heat of the lava, hovering beside a 2000 foot waterfall, landing for stunning views on an epic ridge top, or photographing the remote beauty of Hawaii’s rare rain forest valleys, black and GREEN sand beaches – our Hawaiian helicopter tours offer a diverse set of adventure options to suit every need! This is one flight you will be sure to remember for a lifetime.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We did not see much it was way windy & cloudy.Nothing like the ad says,it may have been due to weather,Our trip should have been canceled due to weather by Paradise Helicopters.We prepaid.That was a waste of $500(and 2 other people rode with us $1000 for 4 people abord)) for seeing not much.We took the morning trip 2/20/2013 Very disappointed
Just say trees old harden lava,NO RED HOT LAVA,NO CRATER.
No waterfall as in add,just a brown river.
Rip off!!!

3  Thank JimmyBoyBob
robparadise, Director of Business Development at Paradise Helicopters - KONA, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Aloha,

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your adventure with us. Thank you for speaking with me on the phone and allowing us to make amends. Hope to see you on a future visit.

All reviews
in 28 reviews
"ginger candy"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We did the Volcano and Valley Landing on our first morning of the island, and it was a fabulous way to get acquainted with the island. Everyone gets a headset, so you can communicate with other passengers, but more importantly for me, the pilot can communicate with you. Our pilot was a great tour guide telling us where to look, what to see, and what to expect as he was flying around. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone that has the time; in fact, I already have recommended it to others I've met on the island!

I'd recommend shorts and a shirt, maybe a light cover-up if you get chilly easily. Sunglasses helped me. I found the ride to be smooth (maybe slightly bumpier than an airplane), but I don't get motion sickness. Should be good fun for people of any age; an elderly women on our flight needed a few helping hands to step in/out of the helicopter, but she managed just fine.

robparadise, Director of Business Development at Paradise Helicopters - KONA, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Aloha,
Thank you for choosing us.
The Volcano & Valley landing is a Paradise exclusive, and we enjoy having the ability to take people to those locations.
Thanks for giving the tips, we try to give them to other customers, so that they can better enjoy the tour.
Mahalo,

Reviewed February 20, 2013

First time in a helicopter for our family. Easy to book and pay online, great communication with the office, and amazing flight with Josh as our pilot. Absolutely worth the money. We saw more than we expected to and Josh did a fantastic job of explaining things and making sure everyone saw what he was talking about. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Aloha,
Thank you for choosing us.
We are glad that you found the website easy to use. We have revised it a few times with that purpose in mind. We also like your comment about the trip being worth the money - we want everyone to feel this way!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This morning, my wife and I did a 2 hour helicopter tour with Paradise Helicopters. This was not our first flight-seeing trip on the Big Island. Previously we had flown with Blue Hawaii and it was not nearly as good. Certainly luck played a big part in the trip with the weather clearing as we passed over key areas and there was exceptional lava to be seen. However, the pilot was very good and we really enjoyed his commentary. I highly recommend this tour. Not having been impressed with the previous experience, I was reluctant to spend the money for this flight. I had even talked my wife into going by herself and then changed my mind at the last minute.

The only negative was that my wife had a seat facing backward.

Many thanks for Shawn K. for his “Tips from an Experienced Hawaii Helicopter Tour Pilot” post on Trip Advisor. That led us to book with Paradise.

1  Thank Alors
robparadise, Director of Business Development at Paradise Helicopters - KONA, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Aloha,
Thank you for your excellent review!
First to address seating
For our Kona Flights we use a 6 passenger Bell 407.
What we like about the Bell is
Safety Record; Smooth Ride; Fuel Capacity (no need to stop for fuel while circling the island)
and Seating (5 out of 6 seats on a window - limousine style)
We have been flying the Bell(s) for over 10 years to mostly :) rave reviews
We do appreciate your comments and are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.
Thank you for choosing us and sharing your experience here.