“Fantastic - you have to do it”

Paradise Helicopters - KONA
Viator VIP: The Sunset Experience Helicopter Tour from Kona
Ranked #26 of 206 Tours in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Paradise Helicopters - Hawaii's Most Unique Helicopter Experience! Enjoy the Hawaii few people ever witness on our one-of-a-kind air adventures departing out of Kona & Hilo on Hawaii Island, Lanai and Oahu. Whether flying Doors-Off over the volcano to feel the heat of the lava, hovering beside a 2000 foot waterfall, landing for stunning views on an epic ridge top, or photographing the remote beauty of Hawaii’s rare rain forest valleys, black and GREEN sand beaches – our Hawaiian helicopter tours offer a diverse set of adventure options to suit every need! This is one flight you will be sure to remember for a lifetime.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We took the Oahu Experience 1 hour tour, it was incredible. We travelled from Waikiki as we particularly wanted the doors off experience, we're not dare devils, but doors off is better for photography - it was well worth it. We felt secure, the spots of rain were great for rainbows & the wind factor just added to the thrill. Josh the pilot gave a thorough commentary of the locations we flew over, and was careful to ensure that both sides of the helicopter got a good look. Sarah made us feel welcome on arrival, we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thanks so much.

robparadise, Director of Business Development at Paradise Helicopters - KONA, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Aloha,
Thank you for the kind words.
We are the only helicopter company that does Doors-Off from the North Shore.
We would always do our photo charters with Doors-Off for maximum photo ops. It is now one of our most popular Air Adventure options.
Josh and Sarah are a great team and they have both been with us for many years.
Glad that you loved it - and certainly happy that you shared it here :)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was the highlight of our Christmas 2012 vacation on the Big Island! Our pilot - Danny was the best. The equipment was surprisingly quit and stable throughout the trip. Its a great way to see the entire island in a couple of hours. We got lucky and saw lava flowing into the sea as well as being able to drop into two canyons, one of which is usually closed. There are sights, like 1500 ft waterfalls you can only see by helicopter.
Its expensive but actually worth it as a one time experience you will never forget.

Aloha,
Thank you for sharing you experience here.
One of the reasons that we choose the Bell 407 helicopter is because of the smooth ride. We are the only company in the state to use the Bell.
We will let Danny know that you enjoyed your time with him - he is a great pilot and LOVES to show off our island.
So glad that is was a special time for you - that's what we strive for every day!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband & myself, daughter & son-in-law took the one hour ride of Oahu. We started from Turtle Bay Resort which was very important to us as we didn't have to drive far to get started. I highly recommend this. It was the highlight of our week on Oahu in my opinion. We saw the North Shore, the pineapple fields & coffee growing inland. We stopped briefly at Honolulu international and saw mothballed ships, submarines and Pearl Harbor. Then we circled around to Hunauma Bay where we saw a whale :) the ultimate whale-watching is from above. You get to see the whole whale in the water, not just a fin, spouting air, or the back! Made my day :) Sacred Falls is a waterfall that you can only see from the air. Awesome! Zachary, da pilot, was da bomb :) This is one of those once in a lifetime adventures that is worth every penny!

robparadise, Director of Business Development at Paradise Helicopters - KONA, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Aloha,
Thank you for choosing us.
We are the ONLY helicopter company that has Air Adventures departing from the Turtle Bay Resort on Oahu's North Shore.
We love how you describe the tour - your enthusiasm is contagious!
Our favorite things to hear - "highlight of trip...once in a lifetime...worth every penny"
Thank you for sharing your experience here and we hope to see you on a future visit to Hawaii.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I took some time to decide which company to pick for a helicopter tour over the volcanic national park and I thought that Paradise Heilcopters looked good. I chose the doors off tour so I could take photos properly. Since I'm a scientist and have a passion for volcanoes, I really wanted to get a good view of the active volcanics. I had done this in New Zealand and that was fantastic, so I thought that this trip would be similar. Unfortunately I was wrong. First off, we flew too fast so it was difficult to get many decent photos and only got one pass over the really interesting areas. There didn't seem to be any consideration to make sure that these areas could be seen from both sides of the helicopter. When turning around over the coast, I didn't even get to see the coastline, only water. I felt the whole thing was rushed and the pilot didn't even have any commentry to explain what we were looking at. Very disappointed. If you want to take decent photos of a great landscape, I suggest chartering a helicopter so you can determine what you see.

3  Thank Sarah L
robparadise, Director of Business Development at Paradise Helicopters - KONA, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Aloha,
Let me start with a sincere apology.
We want to thank you for sharing your feedback here and would like an opportunity to get more detail so we check on that specific flight and correct our procedure and make sure every flight and every guest has an amazing experience.
We would also like a chance to make amends to you as well.
Please contact me - rob@paradisecopters.com

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Did the doors off tour. Pilot was Zack and he was great. We were lucky because there was no rain so visibility was above average. Got to see lave boiling away in the lake and entering the ocean. I loved sitting in the back of the helicopter because there was more room and I feel my wife and I got great views. Pilot was knowledgeable and answered all my questions and had a terrific attitude. Yes it's not cheap. But when are you ever going to have a chance to do this? Overall it was a wonderful experience and if I'm lucky enough to come back here I will try to do it again.

Aloha,
We will be sure to share your comments with Zak. It is always great to hear when guests really enjoy their Pilots and remember them by name.
So glad that you enjoyed your DOORS-OFF Air Adventure - of course Paradise Helicopters is the ONLY place you will find it here on the Big Island.
We are thankful that you chose us and hope to see you on a future visit.