“AWESOME time!!! Barry and Jeff are pros no doubt!!”

Surfer Bear Hawaii Surf Lessons
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“AWESOME time!!! Barry and Jeff are pros no doubt!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

These guys are the best! They take the time to show you what surfing is all about. They are all about the safety and respect of others in the water while you have a great time. My daughter and I went and we had a one-on-one with Jeff! Jeff had us up and on the board the first and second tries. It's a sweet sensation to get up and look out to see all the colors of the reef below! Don't go any where else . Simply AWESOME! Thanks guys! Mahalo!

Visited July 2013

Fairway, Kansas
“Definite Highlight of our Hawaiian adventure!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

You have to be crazy NOT to learn to surf from Bear! He and all of his assistants are AWESOME! They are so patient and passionate about what they do which makes the experience even more fun. They have an ability to help you time the waves so that I was up on my board the very first wave I tried to catch. We had a party of 4 and all of us had an absolute blast hanging out with Surfer Bear :) The lessons were tailored to each individual surfer and we all came away from the lesson much improved and wanting to get back on the board the next day! Truly one of the best days of our Hawaiian adventure! Thanks Bear and Co!

Rochester, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Fun Learning How To Surf”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Surfer Bear Hawaii is a friendly and energetic company that makes learning to surf lots of fun. Our family with kids ages 12 and 18 had a great time learning to surf. The instructors are always nice and looking for a way to make your experience better. They are very patient and can teach you the basics in a way that is easy to understand. Our instructors, Barry, Jeff, and Reed, were very excited about teaching the sport of surfing and scheduled our lesson early when the waves were best and there were no crowds. This all combined to give us a great experience. They also put safety as a primary focus. There was always an instructor with or near the members of the group to provide a safe experience. Finally, our instructors gave us personalized attention for a very reasonable price. All in all, Surfer Bear Hawaii provided a safe, fun, and amazing surfing experience.

Tillamook, Oregon
“Awesome Surf Lesson and Instructors!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

On our vacation on the Big Island my husband watched 4 different companies give surf lessons while he was surfing with my oldest son. He clearly recommended Surfer Bear for my lesson with my nieces and youngest son. They were attentive, highly energetic, and encouraging. All of us from age 13-47 were standing on our first try and caught MANY, MANY waves some riding up to 15 seconds. I loved that they told us what we did right and gave advice when asked on why I fell on certain parts of the ride. The lesson felt very customized versus heading out among a sea of blue boards. They also had 2 younger helpers that encouraged my son and made him feel confidant and excited! Wished I had time to take a second lesson.

Lakeland, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Kid's favorite part of vacation”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

During our vacation on the big island we took a surf lesson. I am a 61 year old lady, my daughter and twin granddaughters all had a great time and were successful. We had three instructors, Barry, Sam and Jeff. The guys were very positive and made it great fun for the four of us.