Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Beautiful clear water beach

A beautiful beach to visit. The water is clear, the waves are good and the water is warm! Not a lot... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
haracely
Los Angeles, California
via mobile
Gorgeous Beach

Priceless. One of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. The waves were big so I didn’t go... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

from $115.70
from $204.19
from $160.00
1,384 results
All reviews beautiful beach favorite beach boogie boarding white sand beach the big island big waves blue water great waves sea turtles mile marker state park kona airport fish rocks cemetery surf shore
Selected filters
Reviewed June 20, 2019

Since Kona has very few beaches this is the best. It can be very crowded. Restroom and showers available

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed June 17, 2019

I can't really add to all the great reviews. Even though the recommendations are to go early, I've been twice - one early at about 9am and one later around 5pm and I actually like the later in the day better. People are starting to leave for dinner arrangements and there's something special in having the beach start to empty while you're still there. (Not empty-empty, but you know.)

The warning I would add is to watch the bees/wasps at the showers. The time we went in the morning, as we were leaving I was in my beach sandals rinsing off and the bees/wasps looking for water were around. I had taken my shoe off to rinse under my foot and when I put it back down into my sandal one insect had landed there and I got stung REALLY badly. Terrible pain and swelling and itching (slept with my foot in a bucket of ice all night) for four days - just glad my allergic reaction didn't get worse. As much as it is a convenience, unless I see NO insects at all I'd rather stay sandy.

Date of experience: July 2018
4  Thank RoadTripTwo
Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful beach with crystal clear water and white sand. Gentle waves with a bit of an undertow. There were several sea turtles swimming near the rocks. Ample parking , nice bathrooms. A must see if you are staying in the Kona area !

2  Thank mjp315
Reviewed June 8, 2019

We spent a day here. At first we were weary because the internet says there have been shark attacks there. We did not see any sharks or have any trouble. We arrived early in the morning and people were coming through all day, even in the evening. The beach gets packed but you can spread out and find your own spot. There are restrooms and outdoor showers for rinsing there. Although the parking lot is limited, you can drop off your group at the front and then park alongside the road. To get to the beach you will need to take a short staircase down. We took fruit, snacks and drinks and spent the day there. Take an umbrella and chair for any grandparents in your group (we bought a chair for $6.88 at the Walmart in Kona and an umbrella for $19.88, cheaper than renting!). The water is clear and beautiful. The waves are strong but if you go in about 20 feet into the water, you will be fine. Have your little ones wear a life vest (if you can't pack one, you can purchase one at Costco in Kona or Walmart). We couldn't get our kids to come out of the water.

4  Thank AZFamilyFun
Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

I fell in love with this beach. White soft sand, clear water, and perfect snorkeling place to see turtles...what else could you ask for ❤️ Make sure you put on lots of sunblock as there’s not much of shaded areas. There are showers and bathrooms which is always a plus

1  Thank Beatriz Q