“Great banana bread and bagels are made fresh”

Evolution Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Healthy
“Great banana bread and bagels are made fresh”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

This place was great. The bagel sandwiches are a bit expensive but could be shared they are served open face with each having equal parts.

Recommend for a light breakfast that is fresh.

Utah
“Tasty and Quiet.”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stopped here twice during our stay. I arrived after the "bakery" turns into the "pizza cafe", but they still made me a breakfast smoothie anyway. Today we ordered a pizza and it was quite tasty. The staff was personable and friendly, this may just be a Kona trait, but whatever, they were nice. It's off the proverbial "beaten path" of the somewhat noisy and chaotic Ali'i Drive. So if you are looking for a quiet spot and not interested in seeing the bay, this is the place.

• Visited February 2014
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Yummy”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

No complete is complete til you have your chocolate chip cookie and fruit smoothie. Several other treats looked yummy too. Plus they have gluten free treats too. The smoothies are only available til 11:30 am

Visited February 2014
“Yummy gluten free treats!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband is now a regular visitor now that he can enjoy the variety of gluten and dairy free treats. Their regular items are good too.

• Visited February 2014
Waikoloa Beach, Hawaii
“EVOLUTION BAKERY AND CAFE RESTAURANT REVIEW”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We are at Evolution Bakery & Cafe today in Kailua Kona, Hawaii. This is a sister cafe to Uptown Bakery & Cafe in Kelekakua and Uptown Downtown Bakery & Cafe in Kona behind Hilo Hattie’s off Palani Road. Both of the other cafes we dearly love.
I started with a couple juice drinks. First is the Third Eye Opening: organic carrots, apple, and ginger juice. It is wonderful. Second is the Mermaid Magic: organic local kale, local cucumber, celery, apple, melon & local Hawaiian spirulina. I drank almost all of the Third Eye in one continuous drink. It’s very refreshing. I took a large draught of the Mermaid Magic. The 2 minutes latter my entire consciousness opened up. I found myself staring out through the buildings to the ocean. Just staring and my mind opened into realms not ventured before. As I take another large draught of Magic I feel my essence relax as I contemplate my Athena wrap. I think I shall try it. It taste like a fresh Greek salad in a tasty gluten free wrap. It’s quite interesting.
Leise ordered the gluten free pancakes with mixed berries which comes with 100% pure maple syrup. Her’s was quite tasty. She said their food is good but not inspired and sour cream or whipped cream would help. What I mean is, when my wife cooks she understands all the layers of flavors and textures that it takes for a meal to dance on your tongue. She also understands how important the visual experience needs to be. I am not saying their food isn’t good, it’s just not extraordinary.
I ordered the Athena wrap: non dairy cream cheese, local non-GMO tomatoes, organic spinach, artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives, red onion & daiya on a gluten free wrap. Mine looks great. The onions and the Kalamata olives were the best part of the wrap. The flavors are good, but it is lacking that wow factor. It tastes like a very fresh and healthy Greek salad in a healthy but not flavorful tortilla.
The outdoor seating is nice but limited. The noisy motel style air conditioner is annoying thus detracting from the experience. The food is good. The juice drinks are very fresh. Knowing how much more we enjoyed the sister cafes I doubt we will come back to this location other than as a matter of convenience. For ambience I give Evolution Bakery & Cafe 2.5 out of 5 surfboards. For food quality I give 3.5 out of 5 surfboards. For service I give 3 out of 5 surfboards. Overall I give it a 3 out of 5 surfboards.

• Visited January 2014