“The Best Dive Operation in Kona” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pacific Rim Divers

Pacific Rim Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: We here at Pacific Rim Divers enjoy taking young and old, beginner or experienced , adventurous fun loving divers and those who snorkel on an amazing trip into the fabulous underwater world here in the Kona area.
Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Best Dive Operation in Kona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I love diving with Patrice and her crew! She has a small boat, with maximum of 6 divers. She is fun, friendly, and extremely knowledgeable about the underwater world. The diving is slow and relaxed. Divers can dive as long as they want, as long as they have air. I wouldn't even consider using another dive operator!

Visited April 2013

Chandler, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Still the best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

As I said in my prior review they do things the way you would want if it was your business. Personal service with a genuine smile and the ability to always find interesting creatures and structures. From sharks to the tiniest manta shrimp there is always something to see and these dive leaders find them. Patrice and Walt and Dave make you feel right at home and let you work the dives to your taste. I appreciate the small number of divers (max 6) as this keeps the group small and the dynamic working for everyone.
The fact they get so many repeat customers speaks for itself. There is competition here and they outshine all others. I will always look forward to diving with them on my future visits.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank mrjpav
Phoenix, Arizona
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great Choice For Our First Open Water Dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I and our two teenage kids (16 year old son and 14 year old daughter) just got our open water dive certifications last month. I called ahead from home to make a reservation for a three day package for all four of us with two dives per day. Both Walt and Patrice were very helpful on the phone. When we arrived I told Patrice that we were thinking about changing the last day to a Manta dive. Unfortunately Pacific Rim doesn't do a Manta Dive. It was no problem canceling the last day and she was even helpful suggesting other dive companies that we should check with. When we arrived at the marina we (especially the kids) were happy to find that all of the gear was already set up. They only take 6 people out at a time which is nice. We saw most of the other boats out there, and while they looked nice they all had between 10 and 20 divers on them. Having fewer people was especially nice since we are inexperienced divers. Before each dive they did a nice briefing of the area and showed pictures of the fish that we would see. Over two days we dove at four different locations. The visibility was great (about 80'). The first day we dove with Patrice twice. Then with Walt and David on the second day. There was no rush and they were good about pointing out interesting fish and other things. Between dives they answered questions and gave out brownies water and power bars. After the first day they let us keep our fins, masks, snorkels and booties on the boat so we didn't have to schlep wet gear around in the car. After the second day, they washed it all off for us. Overall I would highly recommend PRD.

Vallejo
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Calm Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

On our last trip to Kona we happened to try Pacific Rim Divers. We had a great time. They don't have a shop so you meet at the marina. Patrice meets you there with any equipment you might need and takes care of the paperwork. Then off in a very well designed dive boat with a maximum of 6 divers. When you get to the site she gives a very thorough dive briefing. She goes very slow and shows you amazing things you might have missed if diving quickly. Up on the surface for an hour with snacks and drinks then down for another amazing dive. If you are in to small group diving then this is for you.

Mike

Visited January 2013
Portland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“The Crew is As good as the brownies, if not better!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We've just spend three action packed days with Patrice's dive operation. We spent three days in Patrice's company, two days with Walt and one day with Dave. All three staff members paid incredible attention to the details.

What separates these fabulous three from the average dive operator is their willingness to impart whatever knowledge they can share with you that will make you a better diver. I personally gained invaluable insight into managing my breathing and buoyancy more effectively. Their knowledge of marine life and environments is incredible. These folks are genuine and much of their business is patronized by regulars. Their clients seem to have developed real friendships with them and are not just paying customers.

Divers meet at the harbor at 7:30 and leave between 7:45 and 8:00 am. We return after 2 dives close to 1:00 pm. Snacks are served after each dive. Water is readily available at all times. The boat is clean and a good size for 6 divers and 2 staff. A warm shower is available which I took advantage of to rinse my face and hair.

Thank you so much for the excellent, safe experience. We look forward to diving with you again!

1 Thank narcisse07