“Awesome Manta Ray night snorkel”

Neptune Charlies Ocean Safaris
Book In Advance
More Info
$112.52*
and up
Reef and Dolphin Snorkel Eco Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We can't wait to show you the underwater world of Hawaii! From wild Hawaiian Spinner Dolphin encounters to diving with the world famous Kona Manta Rays, each EcoAdventure has been designed to bring you an unforgettable experience! Did you know that if you have NEVER tried scuba diving before, you can join us for a 2 tank introductory dive? We take intro's, certified divers, snorkelers and ride-alongs on most adventures! Customized private charters are also available. Join us today for an experience of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Manta Ray night snorkel should be on the "must do" list for anyone visiting the Big Island. I was a bit apprehensive about a night swim, but the mantas were so mesmerizing that my apprehension quickly melted away. Sixteen to twenty mantas gracefully glided, twisted and turned in a gentle underwater dance, sometimes passing within inches of our faces, as they fed on plankton in the waters beneath us. It was lyrical, poetic and awe-inspiring. We enjoyed our adventure with Neptune Charlie's and would definitely book with them again.

1  Thank Cheney N
There are newer reviews for Neptune Charlies Ocean Safaris

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Staff was great, the equipment was in good condition. One suggestion is they upgrade their lights for the night dive to something brighter to bring in the Mantas.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This has to be one of the best experiences that we have ever done. Even though we are both certified SCUBA divers, circumstance kept us from being able to dive this trip, so we signed up for the snorkle portion of this adventure. We were not to be disappointed!! We had heard about the trip during the concierge's first day briefing and we were told that the trip the night before had brought out 17 of the Mantas. We arrived on location with 7 other boats and after the divers had descended to the bottom and the "campfire" had been lit, the snorklers jumped in, grabbed your assigned plastic ring and paddled out to a position directly above the campfire. We turned on our dive lights, stuck our faces in the water and immediately saw this massive face, swimming up to the surface. She slowly approached the center of our hula-hoop and did a barrel roll, just inches from our faces....AMAZING!!! The dive master was pointing out different Rays and calling them by name......There was Chloe, Ray Jay, A-Jay and of course, Big Bertha! 17 foot wing span from tip to tip.....they estimated that we had about 30 Manta Rays show up that night. AWESOME!!! Put this activity on your "Bucket List"!!

1  Thank BlueKnight977
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The Manta Ray Night Snorkel experience in Hawaii have been the most amazing thing I have ever done! This has got to be Kona's most unique attraction.

The tour starts at sunset, with a 25 minutes boat ride from Honokohau Harbor to "Manta Ray Village". On the way there, the knowledgeable and friendly crew provides you with some information and facts about these gentle giants, as well as detailed step-by-step instructions on what to do and expect so that you may enjoy yourself to the fullest.
Once there, you are equipped with a wet suit, snorkel gear, a light, and floating devices (if necessary). Now, you are on to the best experience of your lifetime! The Mantas feed on plankton attracted to these gigantic, powerful lights held by divers. It gets so bright that you think it is day time! The Mantas swim within inches from you, but for their safety, you are instructed not to touch them. But be advise, they DO come pretty close! I had a couple of them touch my body as they were swimming by!

The entire tour is approximately 2 1/2 hours, but the snorkel itself is about 45 minutes. The crew swims with you the entire time and makes sure you are safe and having a good time. Once the snorkel is over, you are given fresh water, snacks, and ginger to soothe you stomach.

I was in my Honeymoon and spend 2 weeks in the state of Hawaii. We visited 3 islands, took 2 helicopter tours and did pretty much every touristy tour that was offered in each island. But, THIS WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY TRIP! I am so glad I got to do this. Is an experience I will never ever forget!

Heads up: This tour sells quickly. Don't miss out and reserve in advance. You will not regret it.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is in the top five of the coolest things I've ever done. The other reviews were spot on. They are the last one to leave the dock and to arrive at the site. They have weak flashlights-thank goodness for the videographer. I thought about these things while on the trip out, could I have picked a better boat? Bottom line, by the time we got into the water the manta's had just started to feed. We were in the water longer than I wanted to be (yes I got sea sick). Had I gone into the water 15 mins. earlier I probably would not have lasted for the "grand finale". Swimming over the "ring of fire" and encountering eight of these elegant giants gliding past me within hands reach. It truly was surreal.