My family of four and two friends joining us from Canada spent our winter holiday at the Mango Sunset B&B. All in all we appreciated the convenience of having access to some kitchen appliances and a washer and dryer ($5 a load). Another positive was the location being close to the airport as well as downtown. We found Marsha very helpful in responding to our questions and appreciated the special Christmas breakfast she made for the other guest and our party. She also gave our son a present on Christmas morning, which was very sweet. In our opinion the B&B is very good value - quiet and relaxing at night. However, we wouldn't suggest this B&B if you have a young family as there isn't really anywhere for them to play. Not having a "child-proof "area for the kids to go sometimes made things stressful. The good news is that there are many great parks and beaches close by. There are two cats and a dog and the dog is skittish around children so you do need to be vigilant. Also, the animals tend to use the rocks around the B&B as their toilet, which is problematic when you aren't watching where you are going. Finally, we stayed in the Naia room, which is next to the kitchen where breakfast is made. If you plan to sleep in I would not book this room as you are able to hear every noise from the kitchen and it sounds as though you were in the kitchen with everyone. We greatly appreciated having breakfast served but the overwhelming opinion was that it isn't fair to describe it as gourmet. It was tasty and generous, that's for sure. Many other reviews commented on the demeanor of the host and owner, Hans as "off-putting". Hans has a very strong personality and blunt way of communicating. He also tends to dominate conversations. All of these factors made some moments quite tense and, at times, uncomfortable for guests. Overall, we really enjoyed our time in Hawaii and hope that our feedback helps to make Mango Sunset an even better accommodation option. The gazebo in the back that is currently being built will make for a perfect place for guests to enjoy the beautiful sunsets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family -style BnB, located in 2111' above the ocean on our gold-medal-winning Organic Kona Coffee Estate. Hot breakfasts and parking included; free WiFi, plus our Organic Kona Coffee, fruit, juice included. Quiet and secluded, cozy,private driveway. Breathtaking ocean views across our Kona Coffee Farm from the West Lanai and the Gazebo, where serve our breakfast to all of our guests. Minutes from Kona town, beaches and airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Mango Sunset BnB at Lyman Farms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Sunset Bnb At Lyman Farms Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Mango Sunset BnB At Lyman Farms Hawaii/Kailua-Kona