We visited “Mango Sunset BnB” in August 2012. We stayed there for three nights. I am reading some of these reviews and I honestly cannot believe when I see what people complain about. It seems to me like they all grew up with silver spoons in their mouths.
We arrived pretty late, it was almost midnight, but thanks to a good explanation, we didn’t have any troubles finding the place. We followed the instructions and found ourselves in the room that was not a size of a Beverly Hills house (which I think is quite OK, don’t you?), but a quite nice BnB room. Everything was clean and nice, and the fact that we didn’t have a bath tub didn’t bother us at all. Later during our vacation, we spent one night at Hilton hotel also in Kona and that room also didn’t have a bath tub (imagine!)
We met with Marsha and the daughter Karen in the morning, we had a nice chat and an amazing coffee. Breakfast was really great, freshly made every day and served from 07h30 (not 07h00!) to 09h00. There was another couple there at the time we were there, so it wasn’t crowded. Unfortunately, we didn’t have a chance to go for a coffee tour because we already planned too many activities, but if we go back to Kona, we definitely will. We met Hans briefly when we went to buy coffee and we had a nice, short chat with him.
The estate is really beautiful with lot of amazing plants and fruits that we never saw before. The view from the lanai was wonderful and it was nice to sit there in the morning having first coffee and breakfast. Taking off shoes is something that is common in Hawaii and my boyfriend and I have no problem following the good old saying “When in Rome…”.
We would definitely go back!
Mahalo Karen, Marsha and Hans for our lovely stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family -style BnB, located in 2111' above the ocean on our gold-medal-winning Organic Kona Coffee Estate. Hot breakfasts and parking included; free WiFi, plus our Organic Kona Coffee, fruit, juice included. Quiet and secluded, cozy,private driveway. Breathtaking ocean views across our Kona Coffee Farm from the West Lanai and the Gazebo, where serve our breakfast to all of our guests. Minutes from Kona town, beaches and airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mango Sunset BnB at Lyman Farms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Sunset Bnb At Lyman Farms Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Mango Sunset BnB At Lyman Farms Hawaii/Kailua-Kona