We stayed two nights at Mango Sunset B&B. The first challenge we had was trying to make sense of the complicated instructions that were sent on booking. After reading the instructions carefully several times and realising that they were written for ease of the person writing them not the traveller we arrived. It is worth noting that several roads are VERY steep!
We were shown to our room which looked ok at first glance but the more we looked the worse it got. The cleaning is done to a very basic level, stained nets in the bathroom, lots of insects, cobwebs and dust in corners. The towels were a little musty and the room was decorated to reflect budget travelling. The furniture was good quality but the finish of the room let it down.
One important thing to note is that there are no locks on the doors and no chance of a lie in!
The coffee farm tour, which we were very much looking forward to took several hours and was more of a I talk you listen. Hans is an interesting character and if after arriving had we not read the reviews we may have taken him the wrong way. He does not put guests at ease and there is a fear that it may be you who is next for a telling off as he runs a very tight ship!
On a positive note breakfast was tasty and we know it was all freshly made as we stayed in a room next to the kitchen and the walls and door leading to it are very thin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family -style BnB, located in 2111' above the ocean on our gold-medal-winning Organic Kona Coffee Estate. Hot breakfasts and parking included; free WiFi, plus our Organic Kona Coffee, fruit, juice included. Quiet and secluded, cozy,private driveway. Breathtaking ocean views across our Kona Coffee Farm from the West Lanai and the Gazebo, where serve our breakfast to all of our guests. Minutes from Kona town, beaches and airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Mango Sunset BnB at Lyman Farms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Sunset Bnb At Lyman Farms Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Mango Sunset BnB At Lyman Farms Hawaii/Kailua-Kona