The location is great because it's only 10 minutes to the "downtown core" of Kona. I will trade this 10 minutes of travel time for the coolness you get up on the mountain in the evenings for sleeping. Especially after spending a day in the heat, it was very refreshing to return to the Mango Sunset.
When you wake up in the morning, you get a delicious homecooked breakfast with some of (if not the) best coffee you'll ever have. They also have great fresh juice for the non-coffee lovers out there.
The hosts were great to talk with about the Island and it's activities and history, and just to have general conversation with. They were also accomodating as our flights were cancelled and we had to push back our visit a day, which helped alleviate a stressful situation.
This is the place I will return to when I come back to the Big Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family -style BnB, located in 2111' above the ocean on our gold-medal-winning Organic Kona Coffee Estate. Hot breakfasts and parking included; free WiFi, plus our Organic Kona Coffee, fruit, juice included. Quiet and secluded, cozy,private driveway. Breathtaking ocean views across our Kona Coffee Farm from the West Lanai and the Gazebo, where serve our breakfast to all of our guests. Minutes from Kona town, beaches and airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Mango Sunset BnB at Lyman Farms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Sunset Bnb At Lyman Farms Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Mango Sunset BnB At Lyman Farms Hawaii/Kailua-Kona