“Just up the hill a bit for the ocean sport fan”
Review of Kailua Pier

and up
Snorkel Dolphin Adventure aboard Luxury Catamaran
Ranked #36 of 129 things to do in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Owner description: Lots of shops, bars and restaurants
Captain Cook, Hawaii
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Just up the hill a bit for the ocean sport fan”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

It is a new biz called 2nd Wave or something like that. I have chatted up the pier which is the site of the Ironman start. This place offers some I-man stuff but diving gear for the recycle person in you. They sell you gear you may need when you visit Kona but it is already gently used so they say. I found them open yesterday. New place in the Kona International Market and nice people from what I can tell. Their are other shops in there too. I don't own any of them but they, on the majority, so it seems are nice growing biz with neat local products. I went to look for a surf board to replace the ones stolen from me a while back. They did not have what I want but they have boogie, snorkle, fishing and such on display. I told them about T/A and they were not familiar with it. Of course, I love T/A and think it has a great purpose. I am not paid for anything I post here since I get to be fully retired and share Kona with people like you reading this. This is fun for me and my passion. I am just an old Eagle Scout and I love small biz who work hard and try to feed their families. Life does not get any better then that. See the rest of my reviews if there is a way to do so. Glad you are here and enjoy Kona when you come to our nice town. stop at this place if you need gear for the beach and surf since they will buy it back so you don't have to toss it in our landfill. the GREEN people will love this as it is the way we all have to do it to keep mom Earth Happy (for now). Save our Oceans, save our shores. Go check out the folks on the Protect our Waves web sites. I support them as an old surf dude... and beach lifeguard in California. When you come Kona leave your 'a'tude at home since the people living here come for no stress and get along just fine. YOU can too! thanks for reading this far and give a teacher an apple or a gift Cert. to Abelbees or whatever it may be called where you live.?

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bobb L

• Korean first
United States
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great Location”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Enjoyed the activity and the luau. Lots of activity, nice beach--very small, though. Take advantage of the Courtyard bar and grill restaurant. Enjoy the excursions. We would staay nearby again.

Visited March 2014
Abilene, Texas
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Where everyone hangs out”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Of course this is where the Ironman Triathlon world championship begins/ends, bit it's a gathering place for early morning activities and sunset, 50 swimmers go out early every day along with canoes. People fishing off the pier and just a people watching experience. And the sunsets!!!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank TexasEagle
Billings
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“great beach for kids”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Nice sheltered beach for kids to play on and get wet without the waves. Some pretty good snorkeling outside the cove and to the right. Some cold freshwater springs but a lot of nice corals, lots of fish, and not many people.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank James R
Calgary, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I saw 3 turtles!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

we didn't even know this existed until 2 days before we had to leave lots of people but if you watched you could find a bit of everything sun to sunbath in of shade to not sunbath in but still close to the water
I was taking pictures and saw in the water 3 turtles! vey cool the kids around also saw them and scared them away but I saw them and it was very cool
next time we will know to go there first

Visited December 2013