“Incredible experience”

Dolphin Discoveries
Ranked #4 of 199 Tours in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Discoveries offers unique ocean experiences that will touch your heart and live in your memory for a lifetime!
“Incredible experience”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was a great experience. We saw over thirty dolphins and later on had the opportunity to explore a reef. Our guides, Rebecca and Kai were full of knowledge and were very helpful.

Spokane, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What an experience!!!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My family of four had a wonderful time with the Dolphin Discovery crew. Our Captain, Jenna was outstanding. It felt like she knew what she was doing with the boat and made sure the passengers were all having a good time. Amanda, the First Mate, was incredible on making sure we all spotted the dolphins. They both took really good care of us. We had wonderful snacks and things to drink. On our adventure we saw a whole lot of dolphins and even caught a few little baby dolphins. We spent a good amount of time in the water which was cool. I would highly recommend Dolphin Discoveries to anyone who is looking for a unforgettable adventure.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Kyla S
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dolphins Discovered!!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had an amazing experience with Captain Jenna and First Mate Amanda when we went out in November. We saw bottle nose dolphins and Jenna worked with another captain on a different tour to get them to surf on the waves we made when the two wakes joined. Then we found a large pod of the spinner dolphins and swam with at least 50 dolphins, maybe more! I followed Captain's orders and was able to have "a moment" with a dolphin who swam within feet of me, taking me in while keeping one eye on it's baby behind. A once in a lifetime experience made fantastic by knowledgeable guides.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank MikenzieH
Coquitlam, Canada
“Dolphins yes, but so much more.”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My family of 5 had a great time yesterday with Captain Sidney and swim guide "Merman" Dave. We swam with Dolphins for about 45 mins, snorkeled at the Captain Cook monument, saw a cow-calf combination of Humpback whales, saw some Manta Rays, and even a couple of turtles! Sidney's desire to be the first boat in the water was a huge advantage as we were one step ahead of all the other boats out there. Departure from Keahou Bay (close to our condo) was the drawing card, but I would recommend this tour for anyone. Will be our lasting memory from our trip to Kona. Merry Christmas!

Visited December 2012
Olds, Canada
“Couldn't have been better :-)”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Thanks to Captain Jena and First Mate Rebecca for making my inaugural snorkelling adventure pure MAGIC x 10! Both women were friendly, fun, easy to work with and provided valuable 'how to' tips for the first timers onboard. The Rx masks were a HUGE bonus! Who knew there was such a thing?

I highly recommend Dolphin Discoveries. I loved the smaller boat & fewer people and how much closer we were to the wind, waves and shoreline features... Jena and Rebecca were knowledgeable and respectful of the local marine habitat and provided charts so we could identify the many creatures we encountered. We stopped to snorkel in two different spots and enjoyed lots of commentary on the geography and history of the area along the way. Really, it couldn't have been better and was a valuable use of my limited time and money!!!

Visited November 2012