“Okay, Not Spectacular”

Beach Tree Bar and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach Tree Bar and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 298 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The essence of "barefoot elegance," Beach Tree Bar and Lounge has the feel of a Hawaiian beach house. Diners choose between al fresco beachside seating or an elegant open-air dining room with 16-foot vaulted ceilings. An outdoor lounge sets the stage for the perfect beachfront cocktail with nightly live entertainment. Featuring Italian and Mediterranean cuisine with California and tropical influences, specialty dishes include: House-made Pappardelle with Hāmākua Mushrooms and Parmigiano Crema; Gnocchi with Oxtail Ragout; and Mascarpone and Proscuitto Pizza. Beach Tree Bar and Lounge offers over 60 wines by the glass, carafe or bottle and is open for lunch and dinner daily. The culinary philosophy is to start with ingredients from the island, and then beyond – ensuring incorporation of the freshest, most sustainable ingredients available. Working with over 160 local farms, approximately 75% of the food served at Beach Tree Restaurant is from the Island of Hawaii.
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We were guests of the Four Seasons for ten nights.
Dinner at Beach Tree one evening, we ordered grilled mahi mahi off the children’s menu for our son. It was so heavily (black) peppered my son could not eat it – I doubt any child could. Even I felt that a perfectly good serving of fish had been ruined.
My wife is from Thailand so I can more than tolerate spicy food – this otherwise fine serving of fish was simply overpowered for even an adult’s palate.
I encouraged our server to taste the fish and judge if it was appropriate for a child.
No problem - we requested an unseasoned version.
The second attempt lacked the pepper but was notably undercooked and pink inside, not appropriate for a three-year-old so we requested more cooking time.
The third time was finally a success.
Not really a big deal, but it should not have happened to begin with.

Another evening we had reservations for 7 pm – made because we would have our hungry son with us. We arrived at 7 pm, behind another couple with reservations at 7 pm as well. They were seated immediately. We were asked to wait. Okay. We were asked if we would like something to drink, I said no thanks and explained that as there was no place to sit (restaurant or lounge area) that did not make much sense. We left for a few minutes and returned. We were seated about 7:15. Borderline I suppose, we were still annoyed that we were made to wait more than a couple minutes when we had reservations (and were guests of the resort).

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Highlight of our dining experience on the Big Island. Do not miss it.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

What a perfect place for a romantic dinner with my future wife so that I could ask her "the question"
* Beautiful sunset
* Wonderful live Hawaiian style music.
* Excellent food and wine from their menu.
* Extra special treatment from the staff :-)

The service was great and the place was full. A truly beautiful restaurant!!

Reviewed September 20, 2011

We had dinner at Beach Tree the night on 9/19/11. As it turned out, it was our third Four Seasons meal this 9-day trip...we had lunch at Beach Tree on the 13th and dinner at Surf, Sand & Stars last Saturday. We're staying at Mauna Lani, as we always do, but Four Seasons restaurants are a better experience, we find.

Anyway, we arrived in time for a nice sunset as the two musicians played guitar and sang. We shared a pizza to start (the lunch pizza wasa bit better for some reason, crust crispier in the middle part). My husband had a veryg good paella; I had an excellent gnocchi dish. The ice cream dessert was fine--the Kona Coffee flavir was outstanding and the mac nut was very good as well. We had Roderer champagne (3 glasses total) and the meal and beverage total was $189. If we'd skipped the wine, the food total was $107. Not bad for primo resort experience, beachfront dining, and supurb service, given general price levels in Hawaii.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

The Beach Tree is an amazing place to see sunset. Our server Angie Lincoln was professional and knowledgable. The food was excellent. Hats off to the chef! I had the lamb which was cooked perfectly. The manager came to the table to check on our experience. The musicians that played were at a perfect level to enjoy conversation with my friend or just relax to the Hawaiian vibe. Two thumbs up! Only thing I had a problem with was trying to leave the property which at night was a challenge.