“Great FREE tour and food”

Kona Brewing Company
Ranked #12 of 132 things to do in Kailua-Kona
Markham, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great FREE tour and food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We did the 10:30 brewery tour and we really enjoyed it. The tour guide was great and the tour was just the right length, about an hour including the sampling. It was interesting and we leaned a lot and my husband loved the beer samples at the end! After the tour we went for lunch and their food was fantastic. Their menu was extensive with lots of great choices. The service was good and the food came out really fast! I noticed this consistently with all tables. We had the BBQ chicken pizza and a BBQ chicken sandwich and both were very good. I loved the pizza. Overall, a great experience and would love to go back!!!

• Korean first
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Crowded, busy, probably have to wait.....and well worth it

Had a few lunches here (all excellent) - nachos are very good as are fish tacos, burgers, etc

Also did the brewery tour - it was great - might do it every day on my next trip

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“AWESOME day, delicious beer!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We visited during a recent trip to Kailua-Kona. It was my second time visiting, my wife's first. We both had a blast. The tour was awesome, we got to try all of the delicious Kona beers (I prefer the Wailua Wheat). We then ate at the pub, and the food was very good (4 of 5 stars, if I was going to rate it).

We also got a few tshirts and souvenirs, which is not my style. But I am a huge Kona Brewing fan, so I had to support the team... :)

Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Noisy atmosphere”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

If you have a choice eat outside. Inside the bar area is very crowded and noisy. Food is okay but plan on waiting for a table.

Napa, California
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Beer tour in Hawaii”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Kona Brewing Co., maker of Longboard, has a quick 30 minute tour of their brewing facility in Kailua-Kona, with a tasting of several different tasty beers. It's a very green company. Their gift shop is tiny but they have some great stuff, including an iPhone case with a bottle opener... After the tour, you can stay and eat at the restaurant... see restaurant review.