“AWESOME day, delicious beer!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 128 things to do in Kailua-Kona
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“AWESOME day, delicious beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We visited during a recent trip to Kailua-Kona. It was my second time visiting, my wife's first. We both had a blast. The tour was awesome, we got to try all of the delicious Kona beers (I prefer the Wailua Wheat). We then ate at the pub, and the food was very good (4 of 5 stars, if I was going to rate it).

We also got a few tshirts and souvenirs, which is not my style. But I am a huge Kona Brewing fan, so I had to support the team... :)

• Korean first
Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Noisy atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

If you have a choice eat outside. Inside the bar area is very crowded and noisy. Food is okay but plan on waiting for a table.

Napa, California
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Beer tour in Hawaii”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Kona Brewing Co., maker of Longboard, has a quick 30 minute tour of their brewing facility in Kailua-Kona, with a tasting of several different tasty beers. It's a very green company. Their gift shop is tiny but they have some great stuff, including an iPhone case with a bottle opener... After the tour, you can stay and eat at the restaurant... see restaurant review.

New York, New York, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun tour and good beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

A very informative tour, and the best part is the beer tasting at the end! Highly impressed with the effort put in to keep the brewery as green as possible. They take preserving their island and leaving as small a carbon footprint very seriously. The beer was very good, and we even decided to stay and try the restaurant. Growing up and living in NYC, I am very picky about my pizza, but they surprised me and did a great job on theirs! It was another good excuse to have some more of their beer as well

Visited November 2013
Marathon, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“loved sampling the beers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We in a slight rush so I wish we could have stayed longer and drank more beer. We had the samplers, which provided a great way to try different beers and the pizza was good as well. Fun atmosphere, we were outside though so it was a bit warm.

Visited September 2013