“Great Beer and Pizza”

143 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Great Beer and Pizza”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had spent the day snorkeling and stopped by. Even though it was 1:00, there was a fifteen minute wait. It was well worth it. We sat on the patio and watched mongoose playfully sneak up. The staff is attentive. I am on a limited diet but there were many options. The pizza was very good. My husband bought a shirt and immediately put it on, allowing us to get a discount on some of the food items. Relaxing place and well worth a wait.

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“great beer, ok food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Came here on our last night on the Big Island. Wait was 30 minutes+. This is relaxing, fun place to eat and have a beer or two. Would come back for the beer; unfortunately the food is average.

Chicago Burbs
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“GTG!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Got To Go! Here that is if you visit Kona.

There are three things to visit:
1. Beer
2. Food
3. Tours

Now for the details:

1. The beer is among the best you can find anywhere. Their Koko Brown and Pipeline Porter are excellent examples of how added flavors (coconut and coffee resp.) can enhance beer. You will find a style you like and you can try one or more sample "flights" to find which that is, if you are unsure. These guys are master craftsmen.

2. My family of four had many different items from their menu and all were excellent. We had a pizza night where we sampled cheese, hawaiian, and cheeseburger varieties. Every pizza exceeded our expectations and the crust, made from spent grains used in beermaking, was great.

3. There are two tours each day - 10:30 AM and 3:00 PM. The tours are limited to 15 people so you will likely have to arrive early to sign up at the "Growler Shack" out front. This is not AB or Miller but their facility is impressive, neat and very efficient. And to top it off you get samples afterward - how can you miss that?

I used to brew my own beer so I think I have a good idea of what constitutes good beer and their stuff is superb. The do not filter but centrifuge instead to remove impurities and the results are astonishing. Top quality beers you will enjoy over and over.

Interestingly I found out that their facility is the only one in the HI islands and the entire production is consumed in the islands. They have no bottling operations in HI and their production sells out so they are looking to expand. Amazing!

They have relationships on the mainland that allow them to brew and bottle for distribution to the rest of us. I look forward to tracking down their beers in my area, which may be a challenge (Chicago is still a tough town to break into, and Al is not around any more!)

In short you have to go to this place if you are anywhere near Kona. Aloha!

Shavano Park, Texas, USA
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Dining Out”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

As a traveler with food allergies I appreciated the Kona Brewing Company menu and wait staff. I found the people were so attentive to detail, yet this is a casual dining place. The food was served hot, the house wine was good (my husband liked the beer sampler), and the dessert -- woozer! The brownie ice cream with chocolate sauce was HUGE and quite yummy.

Visited April 2013
Port Angeles, Washington
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“great beer and food”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Made it to the brewery 3 times this last trip to Kona, as always the beer and food was great. The atmosphere and the staff are very upbeat, prices are reasonable. Will go back next time we're on the island